This whole oil starvation thing is still very mysterious to me. I mean I've taken hard sweeping right hand turns before, nailing the gas. In fact i do it several times a week on a nice exit ramp that's about 100 degrees coming home from work. I always keep the oil level at the top of full (easy to do since my car never burns any oil).

It just seems like there must be more to the situation than meets the eye. With all the Contour V-6s out there, and people autocrossing, it would seem that there would be more of these problems than we see. I think we need a bunch of failed engine teardowns to see what the common thread is on the internals. Something internally must fail for this to happen. I mean before the turn and the bearing spins.

'96 Contour SE, black / opal grey, MTX, every option, KKM intake, resonator removed, Flowmaster Series 40 DeltaFlow, GoodYear Eagle HP's, 115k miles, new paint 7/01. Driven cross-country 4 times.

'70 Corvette Stingray Coupe, Cortez Silver, 454 bored to 462, Muncie M21, too many mods to list, lots of fun. 335 rwhp / 365 rwtq

'02 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue / Black, every option. Stock for now...