Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
take the fuel from the scrader, but don't add anything. Stazi is about right.

on a single nozzle set up, put the nozzle right before the TB (though IIRC there is a NX kit that has a ring that wraps around the front of the MAF, to 'trick' the MAF to seeing the 'cooler denser air' if you will.)

Originally posted by AirKnight:
Can you inject N2O directly into the fuel rail via the schrader valve instead?

Ryan Trollin!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Doesn't the Venom kit work on returnless systems?

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
yup.

Originally posted by fst4dr:
Doesn't the Venom kit work on returnless systems?

Ryan Trollin!
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
V E N O M

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Yeah, but my plan is on 100 shot so I really think I should run direct port kit.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I'd say direct for 125hp + shots.

Doug Lewis and his old N2O Setup on a wet kit (IIRC) would go lean (i'm going off memory so don't quote me)on a 125hp shot, due to the fuel falling out of the air. IMO, the Duratec intake (2.5) doesn't have as aggresive bent runners so this would be less likely a problem until maybe 150+

guess I'll just have to find out

Originally posted by AirKnight:
Yeah, but my plan is on 100 shot so I really think I should run direct port kit.

Ryan Trollin!
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I'd say direct for 125hp + shots.

I can't though... I'm going to be running stock 3L internals, can't really spend that much time and money pulling the engine and rebuilding it again.

S
S
Im not sure if we are talking the same kit, but i also have seen a kit that hooks the nos right up to the fuel injectors and I believe that kit would work. I dont have alot of experience with this engine YET! but the kit I seen only needed about 1/2inch more room from the injectors. I could be wrong though, somebody correct me if im wrong.

93 Ford Probe GT 00 Mercury Cougar
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
NOSzle system...

Originally posted by SAFD1450:
Im not sure if we are talking the same kit, but i also have seen a kit that hooks the nos right up to the fuel injectors and I believe that kit would work. I dont have alot of experience with this engine YET! but the kit I seen only needed about 1/2inch more room from the injectors. I could be wrong though, somebody correct me if im wrong.

Ryan Trollin!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by SAFD1450:

It will not work. The fuel rail will hit the UIM.

Now if you fabricated a phenolic UIM spacer (good luck!) you could get enough clearance. However then you would be hitting the hood so...

I've thought about it a bit myself. If I did nitrous it would be a direct port injection wet system & I don't want to tap into the UIM.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard