I was able to get a chance to look at the car this weekend and would like to report my findings. Took the MAF apart, by removing the two security star screws, and gave the elements a few shots of throttle body cleaner (Gumout). Make sure you let them dry and watch the O-Ring for proper placement. I had taken the intake hoses off to do this, but it is not neccessary at all. The main reason I took the hoses off was to get easier access to the throttle body.

The TB was very, very dirty being that it has never been cleaned before. Shame, Shame. I have 127,000 on the car now.(Yes I drive a lot) Cleaned the TB out really well using the same cleaner. although I wanted to, I didn't remove it, because the parts shop didn't have a replacement gasket. I was able to hold the butterfly valve open and soak it with the cleaner. Used my finger and a couple brushes to clean it all up. Would be much easier, better, and quicker, to remove it.

Anyway, doing this has semmed to have solved my problem of the stuttering and hesitating around 40-45 MPH under load.

Also bought a new set of Bosch Double Platnums, but I haven't installed them yet. Want to drive it around some more and see if the hesitation problem comes back.

Hope this helps everyone who has this problem.

PS: I replaced the wires about 25,000 miles ago.

99 SE V6 Silver Frost 201,592 Miles (Still Running Well)