C'mon, a drag radial is a drag tire. Sure it can be used on the street, and it is DOT approved, but comparing 60 foot times on a DR and the tires I have is apples to oranges. It's a tire purposely designed with drag racing in mind, within the paramaters of DOT specifications. I doubt Bridgestone was thinking drag racing with the RE730, or Firestone with the SZ50, or Goodyear with the Eagle GS-C, etc.

I do have a question though: How much benefit did you see with the DR compared to a "regular" street tire? I'm just wondering what kind of 60's I could put down with DRs. I get the "on those tires? " reaction a lot when discussing my times with people at the strip. Of course, if they only knew I wasn't driving the car to its full potential (granny shifter, I admit it freely).

Oh, I'm also not saying I'm the king of launching either. I'm sure there are people out there that can put down better 60's than me. But hey, if you are doing 2.1x or better in a Contour (or New Cougar) then you are doing a darn good job and deserve kudos. Even more so if handicapped with a tire not purpose built for drag racing. That's all I'm trying to say, really.