I don't like sitting behind a small explosive charge. Properly belted, you don't need the airbag. If it was so safe, race cars would have it. The H harness will allow you to sustain more G's for more time then the Airbag. The airbag, even when properly seated, can blind you, break limbs, burn you. If you wear glasses, you are in danger of having them broken into your face and eyes. In a mild accident, just over 25 MPH, the airbag will probably hurt you more than the accident itself.

If you have 2 impacts (one happened near my house recently, the airbag goes off on the first impact, stunning you, and you then have no control (if there is any to be had, anyway) to avoid the second. In the case near my house, the car hit a large stone (2 foot diameter), set off the airbag, car went airborne, struck another car. For the second impact, bags were already spent and the second impact was harder than the first. The car then turned over. The driver was wearing a seatbelt. She was unhurt except for burns and abrasions all over face and arms from the airbag. Without the airbag, she would of been unhurt as the belt successfully restrained her.

Airbags are Passive restraints. for passive drivers (read passive in, I am to lazy to learn how to drive and buckle my belt. I have been wearing my seatbelt since I was licensed (which was before seat-belt laws). I have been in a couple of accidents and the belts served me well. I have airbags in my present cars (by no choice of mine) and I wouldn't mind removing them. My first cars didn't have seatbelts and I added them myself. I would never add airbags (if it was feasible) because I think they are as dangerous as the accident you might get in. I had the Airbag system malfunction in my Villager. I asked the dealer to guarantee me the airbag would not fire inappropriately in this condition. He would not do it. If your airbag goes off when not intended, it would be very hard to maintain control...

I don't like them!!!

Wear your seatbelt!

My 2 cents!

My name is Richard. I was a Contouraholic. NOW: '02 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Black BEFORE: '99 Contour SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green PIAA 510's, Foglight MOD, K&N Drop-in