Chris -

I also dealt quite a bit with the service manager at Campbell Ford, Zach Watson. He seems like a pretty good guy, too.

Linas-

Hmmm. My work order says they replaced the tranny as well as the clutch. Beats me, as you say, as long as it works...and so far, mine has been perfect. They did tell me they were replacing the clutch only on your car, and I thought that's all they were going to do with mine as well.

My car was there for only a day-and-a-half, and I'm not sure that's enough time to do a tranny and a clutch. (I also have some new scratches in my paint...Zach says they'll have the bodyshop fix those next time I'm in for - hopefully - routine maintenance.)

Unfortunately, my clutch has a funny little shudder to it when I take up drive in first and reverse...no sign of slippage anywhere else. Campbell's suggested I drive it for a week or so and see if it goes away. They say it could just be the friction material breaking in. (?) I can live with it, as long as it doesn't mean premature clutch wear over the long term.

Good luck to all of us.

Craig
99SVT black/tan
2725 of 2760