Hi there Craig. Re: your 4th tranny. Me too, me too!

Just getting caught up reading all the postings in the 2 threads re: 1st/reverse problem. Flying out on vacation next week so have been asking Bill/Campbell's what they could try next since i won't need a car while away and can thus avoid loaner insurance charges and being seen in a gold Focus! He's chasing up the new tranny rev; although i tried to expand his perspective into considering other potential fault sources.

Across the 2 threads i note/confirm that my problem is *not* only at cold start. In winter, a whole new set of undesirable tranny behaviour opens up, at least until the car is at operating temperature.

At least every other day, if not daily, after driving the car long enough for it to be at full op. temperature, i've had to park in a tight spot (i'm living downtown and resort to street parking frequently) that required to'ing and fro'ing with each 1st/reverse attempt being locked out, or some similar situation where i was clearly stuck in the neutral gate. Stopping the engine, moving the stick, and restarting the engine always works (and thus our 'rule' about parking in reverse if we must back out upon start-up). To the casual observer it must look like i don't know how to shift nor how to avoid stalling the car!!

i suppose it is comforting to see other souls with same/similar problem which suggests a persistent design (or tolerance or maybe assembly)fault rather than my SVT having a singular bad part.

Good luck, will catch up on private email channel shortly.

Linas