the story continues....

The dealer came and got my car today (I don't believe it!), to see what they can do with the transmission.

The Service Advisor says they've replaced a dozen or so Contique MTX trannys with the same problem in the past six months. They've been on the phone with Ford engineers in Detroit to see what they can figure out. According to the SA, the new tranny they installed last week is supposed to be the "best and most advanced version of the MTX-75 yet".

The SA picked up the car himself, and even he says the shifting is terrible...he coudln't get it into reverse to back out of my driveway.

In the meantime, the car has developed something new...a kind of creaking or snapping as it takes up drive in first gear. Sounds like something tightening in the drivetrain. The SA noticed the noise too...he says it could be the exhaust was not re-installed just right after the tranny swap, and is flexing a bit on take off.

I have to say, the dealer has been great. They even offered to deliver a free loaner to my house for the duration. (That could be because I complained about all the grease on the inside of my doors after the initial visit last week)

Stay tuned! (if you're even with me this far)

Craig
99SVT black/tan
2725 of 2760