Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
maybee we could run two small cats... And just think if we ran two small cats it would quite it down alot too. Maybee thell make a kit with cats and a kit without.

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
i thought about if 2 cats was possible to do re: enuff room underneath to fit a pair...maybe its time to look around the web and see what i can find

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
If its less than a brullen exaust and yipipe ill buy it

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
im interested give me some more specs. keep me posted

f250 4x4 muddin anyone?
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
hoheys guys,
this is kinda turning into a mess with all the replies and the e-mails im recieving. BUT, no worries. let me just post some more info to clarify.

as for the kit probably not being ready till spring, is not because it will take us that long to make it, but because we do not have time to make it now. Spring time looks like our best shot for the kit to be made.

with that in mind. for the time being, we have no plans at all to make the kit now. its gunna have to wait till spring.

from the number of hands i saw resonding to the two threads, i'd say theres definatly some interest. when we get closer to a better date of completion, i'll test all those really interested and make a post for deposits.

as for pipe diameter and material. here's what i can definatly tell you know. the kit will definatly come in aluminzied and stainless. as for diameter, it will most likly come with 2 or 2.25 inch tubing. however, we'll need to test both setups. if we do offer both diameters, there will not be a difference in price. for those of you already requesting 2.25 inch. we still think 2 inch will be enough, but thats why were going to run some tests.

as for us using a cougar for the test kit. the contour is basically the same car. dont worry, we'll be able to modify the kit to fit a contour.

and finally the price. there seems to be alot of talk about the price of the kit. i would just like to refer to page 5 of this thread, where i made a point to mention "i never wanted to quote a price" but i did only for a reference. the price i mentioned has seemed to run like a fish on a line. this is not an aveage catback exhaust guys. the price was only an estimate. HOWEVER, keep in mind. I'll use the Mustang as an example. most of us know what a mustang exhaust looks like. it consists of an x-pipe and catback. the average system in ALUMINIZED steel with cats is $700.00. the average system without cats is $500.00 for the mustang. my point with this is, the mustang exhaust is basically the same thing as the contour kit. they both have an x-pipe and a catback. even our regular catback and y-pipe with cat for the contour sell for $600.00. this true dual exhaust will definatly use more pipe and alot more bends, than the average catback kit we have now.

all im trying to say, is to give some of you a frame of reference with these prices. and for that matter, none of these prices are written in stone yet, they can go down just as well as they can go up. (hopefully not up though, LOL)

hope all this helps, im sorry its so long. i didnt mean to bash anyone or be negative with this post. i just didnt want this thread to get out of control. HEHE

have a great day guys
josh
YD Performance

JOSH TruBendz Technology trubendz@aol.com http://www.trubendz.com
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I could easily wait until spring. . .no money right now, timing would be better, and that is a reasonable price as well. . .with the amount of piping, the xpipe, that's a god deal. . .but we'll wait for the final price. . .

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Will you be selling a kit with no cat, and no flex pipe (using the spring bolt kind of deal like on some V6's)? I think I can gain a lot on my hybrid if I do this true dual and headers versus my current setup (mystery pre-cats, optimized y-pipe, mystery cat pipe, and brullen cat-back for those who wants to know). I don't mind waiting 'til even summer either because there are so much stuff I want/need to get right now I don't have enough money for everything all at once.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
good update josh...now block your email

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Spring would be perfect for me too...Tax refund season!

'98 SVT Contour #897:Mods= Intake, exhaust, suspension, & aesthetics www.community.webshots.com/user/rob98csvt897.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard