Obviously you think that you are some type of super-human mechanic and can spot any and all problems, even if impossible to see. All I am saying is that it is not your fault if you did not spot the broken springs, if they were indeed broken.

The point is that there is an extra-ordinarily high number of cars (especially 95's) that have suffered broken springs. This leads to the conclusion that Ford used defective springs (poor material), or the design was faulty. Either way, there is a problem. My car had 36,000 miles when I noticed both rear coils broken. They had likely been broken since before I bought it at 24,200. Are you going to tell me that ANY car should break it's coil springs at 24,000 miles and not be questioned as defective, especially given the number of complaints that are listed here and at the NHTSA site? Please!

------------------
95 Contour SE automatic, 37,000 miles

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes