well...maybe the engineer that saved a few pennies on the old Ford ignition switches designed cheaper-to-manuf' WP for our 95-98's. Guess he didn't have ProEngineer software, ignored torture-testing, or disbelieves/ignores all the failures that we experience. Anyway, it should be a cheap-part recall/TSB, but heels are dragged again (Exploder anyone?), warranties expire fast, engines will die consequently. Can anyone believe a cheap but very critical part like this is overlooked? Overall, the pre-99 SVT now has had the reliability of a Yugo (due to the w/pump) at the (new at the time) price of a BMW, without decent body panels or stereo (don't get me started on that, it hardly covers up all the squeaks in the cabin). Very nice. At least (don't laugh) it can still get a decent trade-in price before the w/p dies! BAT has an elec pump, but details are hazy. Sounds like a no-brainer to me. I wish Ford would reimburse me for the preventive measure, but they are tied up with 2 million ig sw recalls rt now, and I'm out of warranty anyway. Curses on that designer of the crud pump.

98 CSVT, basic mod's, my slowest car yet but still faster than the wife's Talon Tsi AWD. Not by much, though. Now if I could get the back wheels to do something....