Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Journie Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Thanks for posting the same links I did?

I AM WE TODD IT I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
yes, but what I meant was can someone make a harness using that component (cuz I don't know how to do it)

E0 SVT, lightly modded
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
My mom's car has Xenon lights. They're automatic leveling, as are ALL Xenon lamps. It's the law, you have to have some sort of automatic leveling system if you have Xenons. Also, Xenons give 2-3 times more light, using half the power.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Spot on,but xenon headlamps are optimised for HID hence the requirement for optimal allignment at ALL times,stock halogen lamps converted to HID don't give the same output as they were not designed for HID....

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust
J
Journie Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by Cool Blue Mystique:
My mom's car has Xenon lights. They're automatic leveling, as are ALL Xenon lamps. It's the law, you have to have some sort of automatic leveling system if you have Xenons. Also, Xenons give 2-3 times more light, using half the power.

NOT!The early Mercedes I worked on (US spec) didnt/dont have self leveling systems.Nore do alot of cars built today,acura and focus come to mind.

J
Journie Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by louisw:
yes, but what I meant was can someone make a harness using that component (cuz I don't know how to do it)

If I had the pinouts for it.But why?Just use a relay and a fuse.Keep a spare fuse in the fuse box.Your headlights now are using fuses,what if they blow....replace them.If the relay goes bad unhook it and plug your factory wiring back up.our stock headlights use relays also.But to be honest I have had relays run for years with no problems.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
You're wrong.

8. Doesn't the use of Xenon lamps cause more irritation amongst other drivers?
The International regulations governing light distribution and intensity on the road are very strict. Xenon light falls well within these standards. Technically speaking , xenon lighting is less irritating than halogen lamps. This is because the light darkness transition border are much more clearly defined. Less light is reflected into the eyes of oncoming drivers.
The increased light output is used to give more homogeneous light distribution and to improve the illumination of the verges. The above are only achieved if the following 3 International regulation conditions are met.

The headlamps must be correctly aligned according to the regulations.

The vehicle must be fitted with an automatic headlamp leveling system.

The vehicle is fitted with an automatic headlight cleaning system. Without such the dirt acts as a diffuser for the light and distributes it in areas beyond the prescribed range.

proof

J
Journie Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
J
You're wrong.

8. Doesn't the use of Xenon lamps cause more irritation amongst other drivers?
The International regulations governing light distribution and intensity on the road are very strict. Xenon light falls well within these standards. Technically speaking , xenon lighting is less irritating than halogen lamps. This is because the light darkness transition border are much more clearly defined. Less light is reflected into the eyes of oncoming drivers.
The increased light output is used to give more homogeneous light distribution and to improve the illumination of the verges. The above are only achieved if the following 3 International regulation conditions are met.

The headlamps must be correctly aligned according to the regulations.

The vehicle must be fitted with an automatic headlamp leveling system.

The vehicle is fitted with an automatic headlight cleaning system. Without such the dirt acts as a diffuser for the light and distributes it in areas beyond the prescribed range.

proof

Ok,come show me where the self leveling system is on these cars,better yet come show me the damn self cleaning system on the cars that didnt get the option.Ill show you the SCREW that I turn to adjust the headlight and the rag that wipes them clean .How many of these cars have you worked on again?

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Oh, you're right, the government lies.

J
Journie Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Oh, you're right, the government lies.

Thank you.Everyone comes around and sees things my way sooner or later.It takes awhile but everyone can admit they are wrong.The truth feels good doesnt it?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard