Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I think a PIR track day would be the best and then maybe dinner or something after. Just think you could spend the whole day going 100+ mph and not have to worry about any tickets! Plus you might even learn something.

There is an event on the 25th of Oct.
Check this link for details

PIR driving school

O
Admin + 1/2
Admin + 1/2
O
Originally posted by Rmacin:
Yea im down for it as long as its somewhere is oregon. I alwasy get pissed off because they are alwasy way up in Everet Washington, which is a long drive for me.

What do you mean they are always way up in Everett WA? There has only been one meet in Everett. The last meet prior to that was March 16, 2000 in Portland. There have only been three other meets besides those two and they were in Tacoma, Issaquah, and Olympia.

Washington tends to get picked a lot for meets in order to accomodate both the Oregon members and the BC members since it's in the middle.

Christy Kinley 95 Contour SE MTX 01 Outback Limited Wagon with all the goodies
K
Ken04 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Qbert:
Originally posted by Rmacin:
Yea im down for it as long as its somewhere is oregon. I alwasy get pissed off because they are alwasy way up in Everet Washington, which is a long drive for me. Count me in for the Portland area or even down in the Eugene/Springfield area. Would this by chance be and over night drinking fest, as well as a car meet.

Hmmm, the drinking fest doesn't sound too bad to me, but we'll have to see how plans progress. I'm waiting for Ken to chime back in and let us know what he had invisioned. I was figuring a small local get together, talk about cars, take a drive, and then go from there. If some of us want to go out and drink or race, GREAT (not both together though )!

Yea I'm not a big drinker, and especially not a drinker/driver. I thought it would be fun to all meet somewhere on a Sat morn, drive for a bit, 1-2-maybe 3 hours along some semi-twisty, scenic roads (and no I-84 to Multnomah Falls AINT twisty OR pretty), have a group lunch somewhere, maybe a nice tavern, brew-pub type thing, and then a similar but different return route back to where we met. Then if anyone would like to continue the festivities and go party-hearty they could go from there. My wife also will not enjoy a 100 MPH scream through the country-side. There is a vintage car race Sept 21 & 22 in Seattle @S.I.R. (now called Pacific Raceways) that are always very enjoyable. Or maybe a group run to an auto-x or something somewhere. Any feedback on timing, or roads to suggest, or events to attend would be appreciated. Ken

K
Ken04 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
I'm up for just about anything. A drive up through the gorge to Multnomah Falls or something like that sounds good. There is also an Autox coming up next weekend at PIR I believe (21st and 22nd). We could always meet there for a few and then do something. Drag races this weekend, though I don't think I'll be drag racing the car for a bit.

My vote is for a cruise somewhere. Meet up, drive out to some place for lunch and have some fun. Hopefully some other southern WA guys or OR guys will chime in. What is the time frame you're looking at? This weekend? I'm busy the weekend of the 28th (autox in Roseburg) and I'd like to race one day either the 21st or 22nd here in Portland. That is my schedule. This coming weekend is completely open for me.

I'm definitely thinking something close to home this time, sorry Custom95. I would love to try and get a large meet together sometime in the not so distant future, but I don't see that happening right away.

Yea, something like this would be cool. A nice day time run somewhere, stop for lunch or dinner then head to the drags, or get up earlier and run somewhere then head to the auto-x. This is what I'm thinking. BTW, I am 40+, how's about the rest of you NW CEG'ers ?

Ken 99 SE Silver Frost 2.0 Zetec ATX Contour.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
hmmm...sounds like I'm all alone for the PIR track day..

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Shaun G:

well, if you guys are going to just do a night thing, or want to, ill be out, i wouldnt see the point me driving 600+..for the couple hours..i would hope you guys were looking from my point of view here, i would love to have a whole day or two thing, but i dunno about just a track run

and as for the drinking, well, being underaged doesnt help at all..i would probably be the youngest one out there

Teal|'95 'Tour GL|75k| 16V 2.0|Rebuilt ATX| Factory Euro Mod's (Ordered in Dec '94 From Holland)-|Larger Radiator, Oil pan, Fan, Tank..little things make a difference| Lots of mods to come....
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Cuztom_95:
Originally posted by Shaun G:

well, if you guys are going to just do a night thing, or want to, ill be out, i wouldnt see the point me driving 600+..for the couple hours..i would hope you guys were looking from my point of view here, i would love to have a whole day or two thing, but i dunno about just a track run

and as for the drinking, well, being underaged doesnt help at all..i would probably be the youngest one out there

Just a track run?. Have you ever tracked your car? I'm not talking about a 16 second drag run. I'm talking about a full road course.

The event is the whole day by the way,7am to 4pm.

PS... we could all walk way with our racing licenses, now that would be cool!

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
now that you told me about that, i think ill be saving up

Teal|'95 'Tour GL|75k| 16V 2.0|Rebuilt ATX| Factory Euro Mod's (Ordered in Dec '94 From Holland)-|Larger Radiator, Oil pan, Fan, Tank..little things make a difference| Lots of mods to come....
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
We just had our annual (7th) Brown Bros SVT track day up here
in Mission, B.C. ONly about 6 contours, about 10 Lightening
trucks (to each their own)...and about 12 Mustangs. Those
Mustangs have nothing on my car when the right driver
is in it (not me, the instructor)....need a new clutch soon
though.

I'm game for a road trip, perhaps even Portland...it would
involve overnight for me so they would have to be some
safe beer drinking happening....

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
UPDATE: Oct 25th right? well...this saturday (14th), i am going down to Bison Ford..they finally finnished the engine work on a 98.5 CSVT. Saw it today when i was cruising around...hit the brakes..flipped a b**ch..and went and looked at it.

Silver Frost, 35% tint....but an unexplainable 64k on the odo..and it has been on the lot being worked on for almost 2 years..

I think they qouted $11k for it..but maybe i can bring it down?..ill post about it in the general forum

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard