Great post. I think it was more work than the brakes.

One thing to note, though. I started with a T-47 torx on the rear, and it was quickly stripped. (The tool, thankfully, and not the bolt.) A T-50 was a perfect fit, and worked best.

BTW, the Haynes manual says nothing about torx keys. It notes the procedure for the front (allen) and says, after a certain point, that the rears are the same. If not for you, I would have been even more frustrated.

I had no trouble torquing any of the bolts, and my wrench is pretty large. It took some experimentation, but I was able in each case, to find some approach that allowed me a few clicks on the ratchet. That was enough.

I recommend gloves. Got the pad of my middle finger pinched between a turning rotor and the caliper frame.

I bought the special tool for the rear caliper piston. It's still in the package, to be returned. The needle-nose pliers worked just fine.

Thanks again.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998