Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Well, I guess I could throw my .02 in here. We ran cartest on my car with expected HP numbers and here is what it came up with. 12.8 sec 1/4 mile on drag slicks. I'm still a little nervous about running on true slicks with my car, but I don't know of anyone else that is set up better to run them. Drag radials were a ball though. Too bad my zetec FD ratio is hurting my performance with the stock motor in there for now. BTW, the engine should be running again in November sometime.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Mark how fast would you calculate your 0-60 & 1/4 Mile times?

W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
Fast, but never fast enough....
-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I am one of the SC SVTs, and I am sorry, but I didn't buy this car for drag racing. Why would I buy such a sweet handling, BMW type car, to drag race it. I concur with the poster who talked about the BTCC. The 'Tour is also raced in Australia. I have a sweet machine for zipping through canyons and hitting track days at road courses. I am not, nor will ever be, a drag racer, especially with this car! I love my SVT for what it truly is, not for what it can't very effectively be. You will never see an ET slip from me.

Those of you talking about Civics and VDubs, ignore the fact that our cars weigh over 3000 lbs, and are designed as high performance touring cars, not econobox light weights.

Just my 2cents

98.5 SVT, Vortech SC, Bassani, Quaiffe, Clutchmasters Stg. 3, H&R's/Konis, BAT 22mm Sway Bar, 17" Momo Arrows, Michelin Pilot Sports, Sparco Front Brace, HPP Rear Brace, PIAA fogs & headlights.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I never said the contour was a drag racer, I just enjoy running it down the strip a few times a year.

Also drag racing is a pretty good way to see if any mods you have done are effective. Granted its not as good as a dyno, but it will give you a general idea.

I know the car is a handler first and foremost, and I love a brisk drive on a twisty road as much as the next guy, but I also enjoy running it down the strip.

The car is not setup for drag racing and this makes getting a descent time out of it all the more rewarding.

I'm just getting a little fed up at all the people wondering why I, and others waste our time taking my car to the drag strip. It isn't going to hurt the car (with the Quaife, HD axles, etc.) so why not have a little fun at the strip and suprise a few mustangs.

Sorry, Rant off

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by fst4dr:
I'm just getting a little fed up at all the people wondering why I, and others waste our time taking my car to the drag strip. It isn't going to hurt the car (with the Quaife, HD axles, etc.) so why not have a little fun at the strip and suprise a few mustangs.

Sorry, Rant off

Exactly my point. The car is designed and tuned for twisties, but why not show what these puppies do in a straight line. At 260+hp at the wheels its going to suprise the hell out of few stangs and camaro's. Not to mention most imports. ET's are nice to see, its a good comparison, every road coasre is different, making it impossible to compare two cars unless you go to the same track.

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Its ok. I just want to keep people from using pics all the time and using my bandwidth. Once in a while is more then cool though.

Thanks for the spelling correction.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard