Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
Sweden, IIRC
-mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
yeah i know that this cars are not to made a race car and i just want to add some power with style to make this car some what quick. I know that i have heard that the trans are weak on the car but that what warrenty is for i have 100,000 mile warrenty so that is why i am thinking of just the spray but i dont really want to take any chances tho.

NEW TOY 2000 FORD F150 HARLEY DAVIDSON PICKUP (FROM FLORIDA AND ONLY HAS 30,000 miles )(and stock NOT FOR LONG) ( Gone as of 11-25-03) 2000 Silver Frost Svt Contour With Stuff
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Contour/Mondeo Platform has been used in BTCC (British Touring Car Championship) and is a very good race car platform.

If you folks think a car's race worthiness is decided buy how well it moves down the 1/4 mile then you don't know what racing is. Though in BTCC the destroked 2.5 to 2Liter is set back into the firewall for better weight distribution and the car is completely gutted, the platform of the car is still intact and was good enough for I think the 99' or 00' season BTCC Championship (Same year Nissan elected to remove the Primeria from competition).

Let's just say, if you plan to ever take a vacation in Hawaii, come to O'ahu and hope that there is a racing event that week so you can see how well a Race Car a street Tour can be on a Closed Road Coarse. You'll be shocked to see what it can do, of course with your's truly behind the wheel

Just for the Untrained Minds, the contour lacks a limited slip diff and doesn't have quite the 60/40 weight balance and lightness of a Drag Car. Install a Quaife, run Drag Radials and the ability to stiffen the rear Struts along with proper shifting and launching Techniques and you'll find a low 13second Tour roaming around, in fact I think World Tour could surpass the 13's if his Past Power Claims we're close to accurate, with addition of the Mods mentioned above.

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I have been doing some thinking and studying and there is a company near me that specializes in air suspension called air ride technolgies. They can do things that noone ever dreamed of with the suspension. They do allot of work to mustangs street rods etc. I was thinking of having a suspension setup to work when you go to the drags and then let the air out of course and your regular suspension take over on normal driving. I have not confronted them about yet. The also redesign a-arms. The guy above hit the nail on the head. jack the rear, plant the front down allow travel up to a certain degree and I think we could se some sub 2.0 60 foot times. then when you leave the track you can have your beautiful bat tuned suspension take over. Here is a pic of what they do with axles on mustang. I took this at the WFC in st.louis. [/url]

Last edited by Dustyn; 09/11/02 02:31 AM.

98CSVT specII yada yada yada 95 Mustang GT M&M road&track box HP stage one 60-mm
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Regarding the Contour being a drag car, out of the guys that have SC'ed / TC'ed cars, I have seen very few time slips. Do you guys go to the track or do you just not post your ET's?

If I ever get this SC onto my 3L I will surely be at the track very often. I think that the other guys go faster because they are more of them and more go fast mods at a slightly lesser cost. Some cars have better advantages, one of them is the aftermarket they bring. The one we have is not supported. Face it, Ricers (and import) owners spend ALOT more money. how many imports do you see a day with an APC sticker on it?

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by Ausgedient:

Picture theif! Even hosting it from my server.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I'm a thief not a theif! And I simply quoted it from one of your posts without the quotes. It seemed to fit well.

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
Regarding the Contour being a drag car, out of the guys that have SC'ed / TC'ed cars, I have seen very few time slips. Do you guys go to the track or do you just not post your ET's?

I'll be going on friday.

Hopefully It'll be the first official 13 second pass from a vortech

Simon new- '04 Dodge Dakota 4x4. V8, 5spd FOR SALE Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)- SOLD! New project-'88 Ranger 302 swap.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
From what I've seen, there have been no definite numbers/track times for a turbo SVT or Street Concepts Cougar. I would be heavily surprised if the turbo set-up doesnt dip into the low 13's with the right mods...

W
Back In Black
Back In Black
W
It all comes down to 2 factors:
1- Drive Skill
2- Traction

-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard