How can it be much cheaper when there will be two turbos and housings to pay for? Even factoring that the eManage can be had for less money and you can fabricate your own harnesses, the software and data cable are at least $100 more, so $400 is not too far off. I can't stay silent any longer on this post either.
The twin turbo set-up just has more strikes against it than for it. I have looked at these cars longingly for four years trying to determine if a twin would work. You might fit it, but then you would GREATLY decrease the life of the components that are located near the turbos, such as the plastic cooling fans and wiring harnesses in back of the engine. The heat would be very high, and since you have two turbos you will have to locate at least one of them close to this stuff.
Ok, wrap them to protect the surroundings and then you have higher operating temperatures on the turbo and its piping than it would normally see. That means even if it is still in the operating temperature range of a one of the other stainless steels, it will still be HIGH in that range and the material will degrade faster with the higher kinetics. This alone is a good reason to use the better alloy so that it will indeed last a long time without eating away at all the metal. Think of it this way, annealing a piece metal is can be accomplished by running it at 2/3 the melting point for some fixed time period. This much heat gives you enough energy to allow a short time for kinetic processes to occur. What is the melting point of these steels? Take 2/3 of it and then make sure your operating temperature range is less. That is a good enough check as a rule of thumb without doing any significant research on the alloys.
That is unless you want your kit to 'just outlast the warranty period'. Or perhaps the kit may fall into the 'No Warranty' category?

Besides, when your kit is running and you have measured its power, then compare costs/benefits. People will listen and if it is better they will buy it. Your ideas/kit may well be highly competitive, so don't take it as a bashing on your non-existing kit.
As of now, you don't have a kit, which makes any 'working' kit BETTER, overbuilt or not.

One other thing, you use the emanage on the Zetecs? I would like to see that. I know for a fact that the emanage was only released to the use at the end of last year. The emanage was available in Japan, but the software was all in japanese before that. It also does NOT, I repeat NOT support the standard Ford ignition system used on the duratecs or zetecs. So what did you use it for, A/F control only? What about the cost of ignition timing control? If you were tuning this kit before the US version of the software was released, do you read Japanese? If not, did you design and tune 'many' Zetec kits with it in just the last 6 months? I would like to see that info as well. Again, not saying you didn't do it but I would be surprised at your resourcefullness and your... Should I say "energy" in producing all those kits in such a short time.

Feel free to square me away if you have the answers to all these questions as I am not 'bashing' just voicing my thoughts in the form of questions.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black