Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#425067 09/05/02 03:13 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
If there is a twin turbo delvolpoed for the tour I am as good as in!!!!! However something seems fishy..

1998.5 CSVT #3617 K&N Custom Intake Custom 2 3/4 Magnaflow cat back Ram HD Power Grip Clutch Energy Suspension Inserts Bosch Platnium + Bf-Goodrich G-force radials "KDWS" Alpine deck CDA-7863 Boston mids More to come: Stock Sucks!!!!
#425068 09/05/02 03:34 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
There is pressure drop across any intercooler. An air to air will have more then the much smaller water to air will. That is simple physics.

There is also pressure drop/flow degradation due to piping length, diameter, and the number of bends (past a certain point). The turbo must spin faster to produce the same amount of boost when filling up a larger volume.

Yes the standard Duratec is slightly more boost friend (9.7 vs 10), but .3 CR in the grand scheme of things is not a tremendous amount considering both are well past ideal compression levels for adding boost.

What other alternative for end user PCM tuning do you have at your disposal & how significantly cheaper than the E-manage is it?
If you really have such a unit at your disposal I would likely eat crow to get one. Nothing of that nature is available here in the states.(no "nationality" slur intended )

BTW - I neither have nor am affiliated with the Street Flight group or turbo. I just thought your slam of them was very unprovoked and miss-leading so I countered. Feel free to ignore me or not. Just be aware that by not answering my relevant questions you may end up looking worse in the long run.

Good luck finding room for 2 turbo's under the hood and even more luck with the intercooler placement and pipe routing. Not to mention all the heat they will produce and inflict on the underhood components.
BTW - Does this kit come with a new front bumper cover and what about the A/C condensor & radatior and airflow to them?

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
#425069 09/05/02 05:05 AM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
will the TT kit be cheaper than the SF kit?

E0 T-Red SVT '98 S\/T K.I.A 6/14/02 AIM: p0lskipimp
#425070 09/05/02 05:36 AM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Chi-TowNSVT:
will the TT kit be cheaper than the SF kit?

LMAO! Such a simple approach! I like it.

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
#425071 09/05/02 05:48 AM
P
P
Originally posted by TommyBoy:
If there is a twin turbo delvolpoed for the tour I am as good as in!!!!! However something seems fishy..

Feel free to contact Performance Fords for surety of this product's development.

Chi-Town;
From preliminary spec pricing I beleive the cost will be lower then SF BUT do not quote me on this.. as of this moment the exsisting design seems to suggest it is possible.

ALSO! as I stated when I posted the FIRST Time, I was looking for discussion on what I saw as design and system short comings, if some people are too immature to discuss it rationally then don't respond at all. Frankly thier is a market for single and twins.. Just like in the 13B and 7M/2JZ world.. people have thier own preference.

#425072 09/05/02 05:58 AM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I agree there will be markets for both.
However, I do see building a TT setup for a transverse mounted front engine/fwd V6 as being slightly difficult.
Not saying you can't do it or can't be done.
Though I don't understand why there will be an inherent head loss disadvantage of an air/water IC over an air/air IC. Design of said IC will be the major contributing factor over this aspect over any other...
If the V-Dub and Honda group can have a plethora of front mount intercoolers, why can't we? It can be done.
With the technological advancements that turbos have had (dual and twin ball bearing setups, ceramic bearings, etc), there is no reason a single turbo setup for the SVT's can be introduced with virtually the same spoolup characteristics as a TT setup.
No, I don't have a side. It all depends on what the consumer wants to spend his money on.

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
#425073 09/05/02 12:28 PM
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
With respect Brian who in business would publish a parts list,specs & photos.......think about it from the competitions standpoint ...'yes please,now we can copy it all etc etc.......

For some reason, APR doesn't seem to be going out of business...
.. yet their 4-banger Stage 3 kit retails at 4k$! I really wouldn't worry.

My personal opinion is that 5k$ is the bargain of the century for that quality of setup, considering R&D.

#425074 09/05/02 04:05 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
BTW - I neither have nor am affiliated with the Street Flight group or turbo.

I'm glad you stated that. Everyone please keep in mind that the only representatives of SF that post here are Keyser and Chris Hightower. Opinionated discussion is fine, but please don't think SF is getting on here and bashing a possible competitor right out of the box.

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com
#425075 09/05/02 04:50 PM
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
oh, boy, I wish I had some more time to post my design critique, and critique of Mr. PPC-Racing's comments . . . but alas, it will have to wait

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
#425076 09/05/02 06:26 PM
P
P
it's amazing, how, ' clique', like places become after a short while, heaven forbid someone come in a comment, not with a slam on a product but opinions and in some cases options or questions about parts of what they have done..

I was pretty sure grown-ups resided here, with mr. Rara's comments forth coming and other comments, not focusing on the comments about the product but rather aimed at the person saying them, I see that I was mistaken.

this being my fouth post I beleive.. I will make it my last and leave, so save your attacks on ME for email if you wish me to see them.

wish I could say I enjoyed the ' debate' but it seems I've ended up defending, myself at large.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard