IMHYAEO (in my humble, yet appropriately educated, opinion) I believe the price for this turbo kit to be appropriate, considering the expected sales volume, the completeness of the kit, and the engineering having gone into the design and construction of the kit, including the use of high quality components.

Consider this, some recent research by a friend, put a similar kit for a 3-series BMW in the $9k range from a much larger turbo kit maker.

My concern, as a prospective buyer (too bad I'm too broke for this to be true) would be, to see photos/specs etc. for each component included, along w/ a complete list of said components. I don't think I've seen this stuff yet.

From what I know of this kit, the header design and construction, including material selection is top notch. The Turbo choice is excellent for proper size for this application, though it is also an excellent choice from an ugradability standpoint. The turbo itself is of excellent quality, and should provide a very long service life if treated properly.

Some of your points about price really aren't comparing apples to apples. Its kind of like saying, why the heck should I buy a $35k 2003 Cobra when I can buy a 2003 mustang for $17k paying no mind to the differences between the Cobra and the Base V6 mustang.

Bottom line, the kit price isn't unreasonable at all, especially when you consider the risk that StreetFlight is taking, especially considering the legendary fickleness of wallet from the Contour crowd in general.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net