Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
evilsvt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
I'm about to order a intake. Please let me know what you would recomend between KKM or Sho-Shop K&n, or other???

we are on a mission, with overtones of extreme personal danger
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I'd say SHO Shop just for the fact that it has a heat shield (very necessary). HTH.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
sho shop- only $109 in specials. Ordered mine on monday.

-Bassani exhaust *Track #'s* -Sho Shop intake 14.986@92.16 -CTA inlet pipe -MSDS headers w/ Y-pipe -Ground Control Coilovers -Koni Adjustable Struts - Quaife, fidanza, spec 3 -DMD -Apexi S-AFC
$
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
$
Everyone says Sho shop is good and KKM is good, but everyone rips on my Weapon R

99 Red SVT Weapon R intake-Ground Control coilovers-Superchip-resonator removed****Rat Bastards stole my Si so I bought a S V T****
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I have a KKM, and while it sounds cool...I have very bad heat soak problems. Basically the car is slow as crap once it's warm. I'm looking for a new intake myeslf...trying to find some sort of cold air intake, that puts the air filter somewhere down closer to the ground/further away from the head of the engine. I would of course be relocating my battery...the only person i've seen with a setup like this is brad noon, and his is custom made. I dont' feel like paying $75 an hour for labor for someone to weld together all the required pieces. Is there any company who sells what i'm looking for????

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
southcountyautosports used to sell that kind of intake. their link should be in the contour.org main page.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
they don't seem to exist anymore.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
they don't seem to exist anymore.

They don't.

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Their intake stack wasn't great anyway. My car had all sorts of stalling glitches with that thing installed. The KKM with a heatshield works great, and not that expensive either.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
B
B
I think I will be getting the 3.0L conversion, and I was wondering if I were to get the SHO shop cold air intake and hold on to it till the conversion is done will it fit?

Austin Brobst 1997 T-Red Contour SE, Painted Calipers, Indiglo Gauges, SVT Exhaust, Drop-in K&N filter, Aiwa CDC-X207 Deck
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard