Next Thread
Print Thread
#417764 08/21/02 10:24 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
C
any tips on how to replace the PFE sensor? Should I remove any other sensors to get to it or is it easily accessable by a socket extension?

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
The DPFE is a piece of cake to change...Just busts up your nuckles a little. Remove the vacum lines and 2 screws. Piece of cake....Someone had a good picture of it but I don't think it's made it's way to the new forums yet.

G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
If your vehicle is the 2.0L, then it is no problem (according to the Ford TSP).

If your vehicle is the 2.5L, then you will need to remove some stuff that is in the way. I believe that if you remove some of the hoses above it (specifically the IAC valve air tube and the evaporative emissions hose), then you can get to it, but you will still have a time getting your hand down there with a tool.

You will need to remove two nuts, two hoses, and the electrical connector.

I did it last weekend and it went OK. You will need either a deep socket or an extension for mobility. Make sure that you have a magnetic pickup tool or extended claw for the nuts that you are bound to drop down into the engine. I ended up dropping one of the nuts after loosening it.

Also, make sure that you label the two hoses that come off of it (it won't work if you reverse them).

96 Contour SE Duratec V6 24-valve 2.5L ATX 108,000 mi. Replaced: crankshaft w/ DMD, EGR valve (clogged), EVR, DPFE, PCV valve, evap emissions hose & tube (cracked), window regulator (broken), LH & RH PCV tubes, UIM gasket (leak), ignition coil

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard