Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by mikey boy:
Originally posted by Mario Opalka:
i hopefully i didn't blow the head gasket like mike did.

i really think that my bad water pump did lead to my blown head gasket. also, the fact that the head gasket did have 95K miles on it didnt help matters. how long did you drive it with the the temp needle pegged?

thats what usually happens when the water pump goes out

Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
So Mario, how is the car man? You never posted anything about it since you fixed it. Is it running fine?

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Milan007:
So Mario, how is the car man? You never posted anything about it since you fixed it. Is it running fine?

sorry about that, the car seems to be doing fine for now,i went to the track on tuesday, i couldnt get better than 15.7 with a crappy 2.4 60' time. although im still not sure if the head gasket is ok or not. i cant tell the temp yet cuz i didnt fix that sensor so i dont know if its overheating or not.
hey mike can you tell me the signs of a blown head gasket?

E0 T-Red SVT '98 S\/T K.I.A 6/14/02 AIM: p0lskipimp
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Mario man, if the car was overheating, you would be able to tell... Trust me. Have you checked your Coolant levels since you put it in? Check your Oil for Coolant too... Check the exaust for snow white smoke, though if you saw this the gasket it severly [censored].

If the level is the same, than I would say that it's OK. Gotta fix that sensor man. Do you know where it is? It is not that expensive...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by Chi-TowNSVT:

sorry about that, the car seems to be doing fine for now,i went to the track on tuesday, i couldnt get better than 15.7 with a crappy 2.4 60' time

i get 15.2 with 2.5 60ft times

C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
damn your launch sux you gotta work on that

E0 T-Red SVT '98 S\/T K.I.A 6/14/02 AIM: p0lskipimp
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if i could get traction id launch harder ...
don't break YOUR tranny launching harder

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by HisSvt:
don't break YOUR tranny launching harder

memorys of the longest time I ever spent at route 66...

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C

sorry about that, the car seems to be doing fine for now,i went to the track on tuesday, i couldnt get better than 15.7 with a crappy 2.4 60' time. although im still not sure if the head gasket is ok or not. i cant tell the temp yet cuz i didnt fix that sensor so i dont know if its overheating or not.
hey mike can you tell me the signs of a blown head gasket?

it was pretty humid tueday... what was your 1/8mile. you should really launch your car hard because of the torque you have... dumping you clutch wont help your 60ft either...

96 black civic ALL SHOW AND NO GO DOESN'T CUT IT WITH THE GIRLS
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by HisSvt:

sorry about that, the car seems to be doing fine for now,i went to the track on tuesday, i couldnt get better than 15.7 with a crappy 2.4 60' time

i get 15.2 with 2.5 60ft times

not bad man.... but i do better

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard