Originally posted by DRAVEN:
I guess it all depends on what you need the bike for. If you want something loud and annoying by a Harley. If you're into traveling ...BMW. And I don't think anyone will ever figure out why ppl put those exhausts on those pigs. Maybe it is just to say " hey, it may run like crap but, I'm the noisiest thing around"... who knows?

When you buy a Harley, its all about image and style... The incredible resale value is just a bonus. There are many Harley's that are not obnoxious. I agree, for a touring bike a Honda or Bimmer would be the way to go. If you want a cruiser, why buy anything but a Harley?

Some day, I will own a Indian, Henderson, or Harley and they won't have oboxious exhaust, or even a comfortable ride. people buy different things for different reasons. If you want fast, get a crotch rocket. You want comfortable long distance travelling, get a touring bike. You want a cruiser, get a harley. I know that the Japanese clones are probably better bikes, but the minute you buy them, they are worth 50% of what you paid.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg