Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
Yea my R1 is rice.....billet aluminum....titanium...carbon fiber...anodised aluminum pipe....no passenger pegs....and around 140hp at the wheel.....

People suck. Rev it till it MELTS.....
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Hey that's as much as my Tour puts down. Hmm bike weighs a few hundred compared to a few thousand. Gee is that bike quick?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
uhm yea...look at my sig......and I have seen faster ....

People suck. Rev it till it MELTS.....
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Hate to tell you stazi , but I've owned a few ricers. And unlike most of the riders out there, I have my head out of my azz, and it's amazing ... there are actually other ppl on the road. And as far as a Harley...ha, who in the hell would even think of owning a bike you have yo push or fix on a regular bases... am I right? Later

95 V6 5SPD. Shaved bumpers,antenna,trunk lock and 1/4 extensions MIDNIGHT RED.
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by DRAVEN:
ha, who in the hell would even think of owning a bike you have yo push or fix on a regular bases... am I right? Later

I would.

1.) Quality problems aren't nearly what they once were.
2.) I have always liked the look of harleys and cruisers, in general. I have always been a fan of vintage bikes.
3.) They retain their value, and with some models, go up in value.
4.) I find them to be substantially more comfortable.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Heh, my dad got a brand new Harley Sportster this summer. After only 700 miles or so it already had an oil leak. They fixed it for free but it seems like Harleys are always having problems like this. Maybe Harley owners are just more obsessive over their bikes? Like we are with our cars!

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~ Black 2006 VW Rabbit Silver 2000 Contour SVT - SOLD ~~~~The Car~~~~~
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Why do people put on an 100bd exhaust on a Harley, It's a cursing bike and they are not fast compared to other bikes. Loud pipes save lives but common, ther sould be a limmit. It's like a GNC Sierra pickup with a performance exhaust. What's the point, ooh it sounds good.

ED Black E0, 3L Hybrid. Long time ago... It was fast. real fast...
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
How easy/hard is it to ride a bike in the rain? I know it's sort of an odd question to ask or answer, but I'm just curious. The other night I was heading home on I75 and got passed by a bike doing at least 85 in the rain.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
canamSVT, it's '100dB' and 'GMC'. Anyway, I'd love a less restrictive exhaust on my wife's picup. Why? Same reason why people do it to performance cars, power. An extra 15ft-lbs of torque always comes in handy. Not for racing, but for pulling its 5000lb weight around, or towing additional 5000lb trailers. More power = good.

As for Harleys with loud exhaust, there are laws in most areas on how loud they can be. Some do it for attention, others power.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I guess it all depends on what you need the bike for. If you want something loud and annoying by a Harley. If you're into traveling ...BMW. And I don't think anyone will ever figure out why ppl put those exhausts on those pigs. Maybe it is just to say " hey, it may run like crap but, I'm the noisiest thing around"... who knows?

95 V6 5SPD. Shaved bumpers,antenna,trunk lock and 1/4 extensions MIDNIGHT RED.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard