Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
A
Who drives like me?

Last edited by ASSCLOWN; 08/23/02 05:51 AM.
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
ATCC SVT was my first log on name - it sucks I can't change it without startin afresh.

I am the Aussie, correct.

Cool, to be quoted!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
This entire post only emphasizes why I hate the city so much. Up here, the only time we have these problems in abundance is in the summer when all the freakin tourists come up here. And as for the autobahn and it's safty record, it's cause europeans are much more professional in the way they drive, and more polite as well.

Actually, the mortality rate on the autobahn is extremely high.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
And as for the autobahn and it's safty record, it's cause europeans are much more professional in the way they drive, and more polite as well.
Not really. Less people have a license, in Germany for example you must be 18. That makes a HUGE difference in accidents. Public transportation is also a larger factor, you will not have a 99 year old woman driving a Cadillac around. And those beaters with a taped window and hanging exhaust...you don't see them there due to safety regulations. The roads are about, well 100000X nicer and you usually have more than two lanes since it is THE highway unlike here where we have to cover much more ground. And the only thing more polite is the trucks, they drive much safer/to the rules than American ones (probably because die Polizei have less ground to cover). Throw our people into their driving situation and it would be very similar.

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I agree totally. I'm sure if we had much better public transportation things would be much better. And age does make a huge difference on driving styles.

'00 SVT Amazon Green born on 2/2/2000 #2078 of 2150 formerly known as ddzwonek
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Something to add: Detroit Roads Suck!

On my way into work this morning, on I-94 West just after Rotunda the road is very rutted from heavy trucks. I was in the right lane going about 70mph which is the speed limit. There was a heavy mist, but no solid rain. Well, it was enought for the ruts to get filled up a little which my already crappy tires didn't like too much. Back end to the right, then overcorrect and I was in the middle lane. The mustang GT in the left lane was a little & as he then slowed down. Everything ended up okay because there was noone next to me, but I-94 is hard to keep a car in one lane in the dry.

Stazi, you have have Lance change your log in name.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
i think once a person reaches 60 then they should have to take an eye exam and written test every year to be able to keep their licenses. that would weed out a lot of old fogies and get them out of our way.......i said fogies.

95 SE ATX Electric red mucho mods 2005 Scion xB Black Sand Pearl tinted windows red leather steering wheel US Army Mechanic
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
In reply to:

Whey do people here have a hard time understanding that the left lane is the fast
lane??

The best is truckers, atleast here in NY. I know they drive some huge @$$ rigs...but they don't belong anywhere but the RIGHT lane. In fact, if you move out of the right lane during a truckers license test, you fail. But I always see these guys in the middle, or even the left lane, further magnifying the traffic problem, because there's someone doing the speed limit in the left lane and an old woman doing 33mph in the right. They always roadblock you when they see you trying to pass, they speed up just enough that you can't get ahead of them, and of course the truck is about 8000ft. long so waiting for them to get back ahead again is a pretty bad move too. The absolute stinker is when you're on a highway, and there's people in EVERY lane going the EXACT same speed....and there's nothing ahead of them but open road, nothing behind them but a bunch of pissed of people trying to get home!!!

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I feel your pain about truckers. I go to school in Indiana and all but the freeways in Indy are two lanes. There are trucks galore!!!! It's a scary sight to be doin 85 and being half-way past a truck when the truck's turn signal goes on and there are cars in front of you and the truck is getting closer. I'll go change my underpants now.

'00 SVT Amazon Green born on 2/2/2000 #2078 of 2150 formerly known as ddzwonek
S
Stazi Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yeah, for some reason, idiots here in Michigan must have a death-wish as they seem to LIKE driving in a semi-trailer's blind spot. All the frikkin time I see morons either cruising right along side the trailer of a semi (in the left lane of course), with no traffic in fron of them or the truck, or if they actually pass the truck, they do it at a speed of 0.25mph faster than the truck, thus maximizing the chance of the trailer swaying into their lane and killing them, and me, who is riding up their ass trying to get past them AND the truck.

Pass the god-forsaken truck already!!!!

Also the another thing is that people in Michigan have the reaction time of El Dopa patients.
Light turns green:
"Hmm now where is that gas pedal? Oh, there it is. I'll just ease onto it and away we creep."
Two cars get through the green light, 5 seconds after it changed, and then every other azzhole behind them runs the red. Fact in point. I saw some stupid woman run a red about 5 seconds after it went red; result, she t-bones some guy in fornt of me. Never before was I so happy to see someone have an accident and headbutt their srteering wheel - stupid cow! I felt bad for the poor guy in front of me though!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard