Originally posted by SVTnKC:

The headers have shown as much as 30 fwhp increase when combined with a high flow air cleaner and cat back exhaust system, on our '99 Cougar test vehicle.

That's it! that's all thats on the site...and when i talked to the guy on the phone HE said a MAX of 40 hp gain! Yet, the site says 30, so believe what you want!

Just to set the record straight on HP gains..
The 30 HP gain was for both headers + catback & intake. Catback & intake together worth about 10 HP in several CEG dynos. So 20 HP for MSDS headers and Y pipe. Except the dynos were done with 2 different cars, so we really did not have baseline with same car...

Persons here have gained anywhere from 4 HP to 12 HP with the set with pre post dynos. 4 HP maybe a bit underestimated because no A/F tuning done. I think gains of about 8-12 HP for MSDS headers & Y together about right. Maybe more for 3L & S/C applications. And FYI, the MSDS Y-pipe may account for alot of that gain ...it was shown to gain 4 HP over another aftermarket Y.

Not knocking product (as it is a good relatively cost effective mod for us) but I think gains of MUCH less that 30 HP can be expected. Get the price down a bit more and I may think about it..

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)