Harry!!!

This is exactly what has been happening with my car off-and-on for the past eight or nine months.

Campbell's replaced the IAC valve in March, and that seemed to fix things, but only for two or three weeks.

I took it back in a couple of weeks ago, and they did what was called a "hard stop adjustment." That fixed the problem for about a week; it's back again.

(Although when the car is not doing the high RPM thing, I notice the revs drop quite smartly between shifts since having this "hard stop adjustment." Campbells says this adjustment is something the techs figured out on their own; it's not in any of the manuals...FYI)

I drove down to London over the weekend, and believe me, it gave me quite a wild ride returning along the 401 through Toronto....four lanes, bumper-to-bumper at 120-130 kph...and I'm on-and-off the brakes to keep from rear-ending slower drivers.

I'll be going back to Campbell's for a new console soon, and will bring the info the recall on the 98s with me.

This is a major pain...can't shift properly; must be causing premature clutch wear, higher fuel consumption, not to mention the danger involved from longer stopping distances and driving a car that speeds up when you take your foot off the gas.

On a lighter note, I took this complaint to Donnellys in July...the shop foreman there spent about 15 minutes telling me this was "normal."

Let me know how you make out getting yours fixed.

Cheers.

Craig 99SVT black/tan 2725 of 2760