Actually, they don't use metal construction any more. It's in a plastic tube, the whole thing weighs remarkably little, and they warn you not to tighten hose clamps too hard on the outside or you might cause the fan blades to rub.

I haven't managed to measure the voltage drop in the wires yet because the connector is too inaccessible at the downstream end. All I know so far is that it drops about 1/2 volt at the battery.

At some point here I will post a picture or two of the install. It's just downstream of the MAF. I had to cut 3.5 inches out of the CTA pipe, which unfortunately caused the IAT sensor to be jammed almost into the spark plug wires. It would be nice to relocate the IAT.

I'm using the mechanical switch for now, but I don't trust it since it already half broke once, and it activates even when the engine isn't running. But my electronic switch needs a fix before I can use it.

Hell, if I'm making an electronic switch, I should make a fancy one that has a 30 second safety cutoff.