Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by BigBad91Turbo:
Hey, This is Chris from north of DesMoines in Johnston, Hyatt's brother Hogan sent me this link.

Well, I am just checking out what I am up agianst in the spring. Kinda impressed I must admit. Until I read through the list I would have never thought that their where that many mods available.

Well, hopefully we can meet up in person some time. Love to see that car run. I saw the video...opps, that sucked. Glad to see it did not ruin your quest for speed.

By the way, nice job on the powder coating, I am looking into a kit for myself. Not sure what to go with yet though. You happy with the results?

Cheers,

Now tell me another mod so I know how much to bet on which car some night downtown.. laugh
Cool man! Nice to see another local speed junkie! We need to get some coated parts on that Soup of yours!!!

The coating is very detailed, you should come check it out at Rick's sometime. Or, I work in Johnston (STARC Armory) and live in WDM, I could show them off to you sometime. We've got lots of parts done up waiting to go on his and my car both.

Just FYI, you also need a bead/sand blaster and several dip tanks to get professional results... oh, and lots of practice. wink

Brad Noon
'99 SE MTX
3 point oh my God H.O. 179HP/178TQ
BNMotorsports Floormats, powder coating, TB optimizing, Gutted cats, etc
BNMotorsports is now the preferred distributor of Contour/SVT/Mystique Indiglo style gauges!!!
bnmotorsports@msn.com
B
B
hmm.... who to respond to first...well 'Merlin'...

Taillights...Ha, why thank-you for making my day, I needed some humor..Now what was the last pull you made...What was that last 1/4 pass. Well we can save this one for later. But your taillights?, come on, what do you think is going to happen. Oh wait I see, I will look in my rear view, see you car spin around as I Blow by it, and then I will see your Taillights....I see what you are saying, should have clarified!

I swear I am not going to tell your brother anything that I have up my sleve for my supra anymore!!! laugh

Boone...

Starc armouries.. Right up the road from my house. I am on the Jonston FD and wind up in there everyonce in a while. You will have to swing by sometime. As for the powered coating, yeah I know it is not cheap to get started in. But then Again I have spent more than enought on everything else that it would be mearly a drop in the bucket. But I would really like to see a 'home' job to see how they come out.

Oh I have a buddy with 2 SVO Mustangs, the 4clys with the Turbos. He is always looking for some car guys to hangout with.

Cheers All, (except Merlin...you WILL go down this spring, the race is on!! Now do you want a road course race or a Straight line? )
:p

Chris Jennings
West Des Moines IA
  • Software Engineer (ColdFusion/Macromedia)
  • Vol. FireFighter / EMT / Rescue Diver

91 Supra Turbo - Canadian Model
Electromotive TecII
Fully Built Engine, Thermal Coated Forged Pistons & Rods & ARP Hardware
Greddy 720cc's, AeroMotive AFPR, Walbro 255 X2, -6an braided line
57 Trim-Ct-26, Full HKS 75mm exhaust
ST SwayBars & Springs, Koni Shocks
Cusco Front & Rear Strut Tower Bars
1-piece Driveshaft
RPS Stage 3 Carbon, 6 puck clutch
AMS intercooler & hardpipe kit
HKS SSBV, K&N PIPK
Fluidyne Aluminum Raditor, Permacool Oil Cooler
....lots of guages and a Turbo timer - all greddy
....Alpine Tunes, lots of bass, and a GPS
....lots of other crap I cannot remember
....Maybe a Bushing kit if it ever gets made..'Chuck..'
...T-Series & tubular Ceramic Coated Header in the Works..
2000 Celica GTS - 6 Speed - 4-sale
For my wife, allows me to mod mine :-)
B
OP Offline
B
Chris:

Give me a shout on my cell 975-4080 and we can hook up. I'm on the south side, but I'll be in the garage most of the weekend if you want to swing by. As for your buddy with the mustangs, he needs to hook up with the Mustang Club of Central Iowa and I'm also a member of that. They do some pretty fun stuff like cruises, car shows, and lots of driving events.

Rick

The first Blown 3 Liter!
"Drive it till the wheels fall off" -my personal motto!!!!
98.5 T-Red SVT #6180
Many Mods
Buckshot77@aol.com
Owner of 00 #1611 Silver
Totalled on 10/7/01
SVT Parts for Sale
B
B
Hogan mentioned maybe getting together with him and swing by to meet you this weekend. Possibly Saturday. I too need to get some work done in my garage sometime soon...My car has not run for close to a year (Quite Merlin!!!)

Chris Jennings
West Des Moines IA

Electromotive TecII
1-piece Driveshaft
HKS SSBV, K&N PIPK
B
B
Hummmmm, one of them SVO's wouldn't be a restored red '86 would it? I think I've seen him. Pretty rare that I'd see one that nice in this town if it isn't him, said his dad had one too... Anyway, I blew this one away last year on the loop in my silver Contour SE sporting a supercharger (back then, I miss it... sniff...). Now I'm Mr. 3 liter with stock exhaust... Anyway, I'll be in my garage tonight and Saturday most of the day if you guys want to swing by. 225-1087 is the home number. No time for me to swing by your place tonight, it's garage night... got to hurry to get home....

Brad Noon
'99 SE MTX
3 point oh my God H.O. 179HP/178TQ
BNMotorsports Floormats, powder coating, TB optimizing, Gutted cats, etc
BNMotorsports is now the preferred distributor of Contour/SVT/Mystique Indiglo style gauges!!!
bnmotorsports@msn.com
B
B
That would likely be him, he has one and his dad has one also. One is nice and faily quick, the other really needs some work.

Well, it is the end of the day. I am running home to get some work done on mine if I can swing it. Been saying that for a few months now...err mad

Chris Jennings
West Des Moines IA

Electromotive TecII
1-piece Driveshaft
HKS SSBV, K&N PIPK
M
M
It's gotta run to bring some don't it :rolleyes: Tiss tiss my friend I own you till then laugh Any race would be 1/4mile but I know of a fellow CEG'er MFE would love to see what ya got smile Can you say one of the most badass handling stangs I have ever taken cornes at!!! I can't remeber the speed for I was in shock of the ride!!!

I can't wait for the supra to run. Just let me know and I will see what I can do on schedualing a trip up to see you guys.

Quote:
I too need to get some work done in my garage sometime soon...My car has not run for close to a year (Quite Merlin!!!)[/QB]

Merlin

281hp 324tq
Timing 14' FP 36,24lbs,190lph,75Maf,65tb,cobra upper&lower,B303, GT-40 Crate with X al heads, Mac shorties, Off Road H,2chamber Flow's dumped, Tokico 5wys, Hotichkis Ctrl Arms, Alum Drive shaft, 3.73, Sub Frame,Steeda Tri-Ax, 94 Seats Drivers side powered.
B
B
Yeah Yeah... so you got me there... You are right, it is all BS until it is running. It should be a fair match, you will launch MUCH better because you have a live axle. I have a fully indepent rear, great for corners, but sucks for hard launching. Let allone all the Hard ass suspension parts I have for the track, they all suck for drag racing, I need something much softer.

I heard you got yout 1st to 2nd gear shift fixxed up, that rocks, that will help your times greatly, you put down great power, but had some trouble hooking it up last time I was with you, I guess those days are well over. Guess I better not bring the Celica out to Play now...

Cheers, BBQ at my house in Johnston (After the 25th (april) when I move in.

Chris Jennings
West Des Moines IA

Electromotive TecII
1-piece Driveshaft
HKS SSBV, K&N PIPK
D
D
1. Show

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
D
D
2. Me

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard