Quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
Quote:
Right, with stock power, he was able to do that.. With a turbo, your chances of that happening are 10x worse.
Rick was running aftermarket hubs or something, parts which did not include a crown nut to keep everything bolted together right. That is what caused his problem...I was there, saw it happen..and saw the diagnosis as they took the car apart in the parking lot of Gingerman.

I agree, leaving the car with the stock tranny, you'll destroy something by putting on slicks. But, I think it takes ALOT of abuse to strip out the gears. Of course, you've got Mark who's been running 350HP @ the crank, and has had no problems with his tranny, but if I were doing this project with enough money to do it right, I'd be looking at a Quaife, upgraded driveshafts, solid motor mounts, and a beefy clutch. As far as the engine goes, again, Mark is proof that the engine can handle the power just fine. I mean lets face it people, it's a great freaking engine!!
As far as those numbers go lets not foget about Turbo focus guy that is putting 330 to the wheels hp/tq. I am wondering at what hp do we have to worry about the stack of gears shearing off. As far as rick goes his prototype hubs wore out. The splines stripped within the hubs. Was said by terry that hubs were not made within the tolerances that they needed to be. IF you have ever but your own have shafts on you will find out that you have to beat the hub on with a hammer. Very tight fit. I am told ricks were a little looser. I am a skeptic that the car will be able to hold that kind of power but I am looking at other weaknesses like the motor mounts. I think everything can be addressed and will by someone in the near future. smile

Dustyn
Red 1998 SVT E1
95 Mustang GT
Yeah there both slow
New ram clutch for sale
Sho shop pullies and belt for sale 30 bucks