Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
C
I have posted the new thread in the Group Buy Section.
BAT European Handling Kit Group Buy

R
R
Group Buy is on guys. go to the group buy forum.

98 evo 0 SVT
#2999 of 6535
Silver Frost/Midnight Blue
Lotsa bolt-ons
A
A
c'mon lets get 10 people...saving you 50 bucks smile

-neal

99 SVT...modified
96 GL....the beater
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 14 to 15 seconds, 16 if I get tire spin, or get a bad jump, or possibly if I have a friend in the car, I'm free."
C
C
1.Reaper4tour
2.tomservo98
3.Warmonger
4.jcboeckl
5.teal95
6.tek
7.jpett
8.chemguru
9.kevin marold
10.viss1
11.rasamahal
12.krafty
13.svtracer801
14.jami
15.takaride

Just curious as to how many of you (not including who has already made their deposits) are going to purchase and what time frame. We need to know so that we can plan with our supplier for the necessary amounts to fulfill the orders.

J
J
Just one more questions.

I noticed that ppl complained w/ the Koni/GC setup and Koni/Eibach setups that they seemed to get more bounciness. That is what I do not want, and I'm sure I know the answer to this question but I'll ask anyways.

So will the bounciness be a problem with the bat kit? I'm guessing no since they are a matched strut/spring combo?

Especially when going above 60+ (Highway speeds) and hitting road dips, how are the recoil. Should bounce down and up and settle out pretty quick right? I noticed that the stock setup does a very nice job at this and I just wondered how the bat kit is?

Thanks in advance

Justin
1998 Black SVT
jcboeckl@unity.ncsu.edu
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by cawong11:
[QB
Just curious as to how many of you (not including who has already made their deposits) are going to purchase and what time frame. We need to know so that we can plan with our supplier for the necessary amounts to fulfill the orders.[/QB]

I am still going to get the kit, but as of right now, the end of Feb. is the soonest I can get up $250 for a deposit frown So if this buy isn't going to run that long than I won't be able to get in on it. I was kinda hoping it wouldn't take place this soon but oh well.

James
jpett@flash.net

StolonTour97
Riding on 17" ADR Trauma's wrapped in Falken ZE512 215/40/ZR17
W
W
Well, I just spent the day putting the new BAT euro handling kit in.
The installation was straightforward and would only have taken about 3.5 hours except I had to have someone press a new right front wheel bearing in. That sucked. I had to get in line so to speak and wait 4 hours before they had time to get to it.
I also installed new axle nuts on the front, that's a must do.
My first impressions: WOW!
It feels great on the regular road. The ride is not harsh, feels pretty similar to my old 95 SE, except maybe a bit tighter.
Squat and Dive? Gone! I don't think that I will be worrying about destroying my plastic now.
This is what SVT should have done from the beginning. Turning is much better than stock. NO DRAMA going around a corner at high speed now.
This is a very well matched suspension kit.
It doesn't look too low either. I am running the stock rims, and it makes them look more properly sized. With big rims it would look even lower.

So my suspension setup is the BAT euro kit, and the larger BAT rear sway bar(22mm I think).

Thanks a lot Chris.

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
J
J
Can you answer my question about bounciness?

Like at Highway speeds. Good review though, makes me want to get it asap.

As far tools for the installation what was needed?
Also why did you need to press new bearings?
And why is new axle bolts a must. Sorry for so many q's but I just don't know much about suspension. Yet wink

Thanks

Justin
1998 Black SVT
jcboeckl@unity.ncsu.edu
W
W
Hey man, no bounciness at all.

The stock svt suspension damped very well on the freeway, but this is even better.
the springs look like the rate is progressive, so it gives a compliant ride but also has the stiffness to resist bouncing in dips. The shocks damp out everything well, so there isn't any rebound either.

It does have a tad more harshness on really rough road than stock svt, but overall trade off is sooo much better.

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by warmonger:
Hey man, no bounciness at all.

The stock svt suspension damped very well on the freeway, but this is even better.
the springs look like the rate is progressive, so it gives a compliant ride but also has the stiffness to resist bouncing in dips. The shocks damp out everything well, so there isn't any rebound either.

It does have a tad more harshness on really rough road than stock svt, but overall trade off is sooo much better.

warmonger

Tom, you have described the same results as I noticed after the install. This has to be one of the best matched kits out there.

As far as the springs go, the BAT springs are progressive rate springs and you will especially notice that going through high speed sweepers, the car sits flat. This is because the progressive rate springs increase in strength as the load gets greater and resists body roll much better than the stock linear springs.

Thanks for your impressions.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard