Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
johnny Offline OP
OP Offline
J
ok after going back out to the carport to play with it aghain lol! i was lookin her up and down and ive read on here about the paint well ive seen a few spots on it nothing major but just wondering about later on to get it redone or something?? #2 this one has a factory spolier remove or keep?? #3 lol this is funny ok .... well the guy i bought it from said the radio did not work because i would have to take it in to get the code taken off of it well i drive up to the ford place he comes out and looks at it right?? well the radio works but im not gettin no sound?? he said its something with the unit or the speakers well im not to worried yet!!!! about the stereo well i get home and look where the speakers are and notice there are none!!!!!!!! lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no wonder im not gettin sound???? lol well any way later on im going to get some lol #4 replacing the ford embllem with an svt badge on front grill?? size and such??? #5 what type gas???? i put amaco silver in it?? (i have a bp/amaco card) should i stay with that or go for the premium???? i know 87 is not good for the v6.#6 oil changes???? i went to jiffy with my 97 zetec and used synthetic blend#7 use ford for regular maintence or other mech ??(tune ups etc.)
ok im lookin around now for these answers but any of you ga people give me some info please laugh again thanks :p

2000 silver frost midnite blue csvt
C
C
Welcome!

#1: Wash with a strong but clean detergent like Dawn, and wax with a good cleaner wax to seal your finish and keep it looking good. You can always repaint down the road if needed. ( See Alan/ExtremeLX for your repainting needs laugh ).

#2: Personally, I like the factory spoiler, and I wish my SVT had one, but it's all owner preference. If you DO decide to remove it, please, please, please, don't get a huge wing. :rolleyes: laugh

#3: WTF?!? Sold you a car w/no speakers?? yesh? Chances are, the previous own had a system put in, and didn't wanna sell it. So, he dropped what factory stuff he had in and sold as is. Check the usual sites ( crutchfield.com, sounddomain.com, etc ) for some way better-than-factory items.

#4: Wanting to do this myself, but have yet to see a replacement I like. Search in the Aesthetic forum for some pics and ideas.

#5: The SVT Duratech lives and breathes for 92/93 octane. I have yet to use anything BUT Chevron premium or Amaco Ultamite in my tank. The high(er) compression engine benefits from 92 octane. So, spend the extra $.12/gal for the good stuff and you'll have a happy longer lasting engine...er...yeah..

#6: Most SVT owners ( from what I've read ) use Mobil 1 full synthetic; I am one of those. Market research seems to point to Mobil 1's full syn as one of the best. Others have their own preference, so it really comes down to what you think. Full syn oils GENERALLY don't last as long as regular, so be prepared to change it AT or about 2.5k - 3k miles.

#7: I'm of the opinion that if you're good with a wrench, do your own maintenance, and go to Ford at critical maintenance times (60k miles, 80k miles, etc ) for a complete checkup.

Hope that answers your questions, or at least points you in the right direction to find your own answers....Again, by no means am I an authority; do your own research. Enjoy!

>--------------<
--Chemguru

99 CSVT
Frost /Mid. Blue

00 Suzuki SV650
Red, Naked

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard