Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
T
Sorry I don't like the huge wings myself, maybe I'm too old (31) Its just that they don't match up on the car too well, but I'll say one thing though it does stand out, especially if its a different one, so if thats what your looking for, you have have suceeded smile

Roger R
SVT/SHO Society SE MI rep
2000 CSVT #1253 of 2150
silver frost/midnight blue
2-8" dark blue racing stripes
Mequiars...simply the best!
"...and number 5, now this is the most important Rat, when it comes to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin 4"
USMondeo@aol.com
S
S
Sorry about this one too... but I don't like it. It just doesn't fit the style of the SVT. If you like it though, that's what counts. I will agree that it does make that SVT unique.

Silver 1999 SVT #442 of 2760
B
B
You may try posting a pic from a different view,
It's funny how one angle or perspective can change a few minds.

99 SVT
Black/Tan
#1311/2760
Born 3/2/99
17x7.5 Momo Racers yoko A520's,
Loud Beats,KKM,Bullet Fuel door,Fog Fix & 885's,9005 Silverstars, RichBrook CF Knob.
E
E
do you like it? who cares what everyone else thinks...if i would have listened to everyone in the first place, i wouldn't have even bought a csvt... laugh

A
A
I personally think that spoilers look quite foolish unless they serve some functional purpose. In order for spoilers, valances, etc. to actually work, two things must happen:

1) The item must be engineered to work with the vehicle, (this takes lotsa time and money) and must be installed on the vehicle per the specifications of the engineer who designed the component.

2) The operator of the vehicle must put the vehicle in conditions which merit the usage of such equipment. (read: if you don't drive agressively at >80 MPH, it probably ain't gonna do much to help performance, and could actually hinder performance of the car, *including* making the car more unstable/unsafe.

If the spoiler doesn't actually work to improve performance of the car, then it does nothing for the performance, and is more of a fashion statement, and possible an impediment to safety and performance.

But hey...opinions are like the ol' brown "*" ...everyone has one, and they all stink! So, if you dig it, keep it!

Andrew
99 SVT
Looks like a cop magnet to me. I haven't seen one of those that I actually like. Maybe if it were a little lower, was a little wider from front to back, and was made out of carbon fiber, it would look cool.

Sorry man, but that thing looks like someone went and bolted some soccer field bleachers on your car.

Former owner of 1999 SVT Contour #555
A
A
Sell it for some mod money!

It completely destroys the rolling curves of the car. Get some rims to make it stand out not a wing!

-Andy

Andy Watson
'99 Silver SVT #2397| DOB 07/29/99
Graci!

American Iron Shoot Out - Event Promoter!
Check it out, we need your input!
Www Dot American Iron Shoot Out Dot Com
L
L
Its ok, I doubt that I would sport one!! Not the best wing I've seen tho!!! Keep rockin tho!!

98 SVT switchin 4 lanes windows down system pumpin screamin out money aint a thang!!! laugh
T
TLP Offline
T
Its not my bag baby! But if you dig it its cool and all that matters.

I always wonder why nobody buys the actual OE ford motorsport version???? :rolleyes:

N
N
Quote:
Originally posted by TLP:
I always wonder why nobody buys the actual OE ford motorsport version???? :rolleyes:

i agree with TLP, the stock spoiler looks best on the svt.

93 5.0 lx notchback
black on black 5 speed
all stock
14.7@94.33
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard