Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
Well I came into work yesterday and was told that I was no longer going to be doing the job I have been doing for the last two years. They have transfered me to another "team". This team handles the cancellation of accounts. Cancellations=rude people. Anyways, I asked my boss why and he told me it is to streamline things in the company. I can see that this is a good idea in the long run BUT I think they should have asked me my feelings on being transfered. Anyways, I asked my boss what the chances of going back to the "team" I was on and he said that I would have to wait until he could hire more people and then I would have to interview for the position. Needless to say I am feeling let down by the company. The main reason I am posting this here is I want some input. What do you fine people think I should do? I am going to write a letter this weekend and give it to my boss and also his boss and let them know my unhappiness with the change. Should I just grin and bear it?

-Colter
My Car
D
D
What I think -- what my dad has said that over the last 30 years companies have abandoned the idea that their employees are people. Once again, the almighty dollar conquers all. That can be evidenced in the exodus of work from the United States. Corporations would rather pay Xiou Xiou thirty cents a week than an American a decent salary. It's all very sad, and it seems that you are a victim of the "efficiency" revolution that is, once again, fueled by dead presidents. I'm sorry to hear that you were moved without consideration of your feelings. But that's just the way it is. Your boss won't stick up for you, because ultimately he's guarding his own ass. It sounds like you like the team you're on now, and you should work as hard as you need to to get back on that team. Good luck with this situation.

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
P
OP Offline
P
Okay, 1 vote for grin and bear it. Anyone else want to chime in?

-Colter
My Car
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Pollo_loco69:
Okay, 1 vote for grin and bear it. Anyone else want to chime in?
Not quite: "It sounds like you like the team you're on now, and you should work as hard as you need to to get back on that team."

Anything other than that will get you fired.

Silver E1
I'm afraid Speed Demon has given me the mod bug.
AIM: Davo7Wins
S
S
Take it like a man :p

You could tell your boss how your really feeling but the odds are his give-a-crapper (tm) broke a long time ago. I think at the most what you have already said is all that needs to be said

Scott
96 SE, MTX, BAT 22mm rear anti-sway bar, BAT springs and Spax struts
96 Caprice, 9C1
Rayon is made of wood!!!
R
R
If you can afford to rock the boat than by all means rock away! But if you can't and you do than you might be part of the next streamlining cut! It's a slippery slope. Watch your step! Good luck!

Rice is just a matter of money. How fast do you wanna look!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX
KKM filter, B&M shifter
No res, BAT kit, Aussie Bar
S
S
The job market's pretty tight right now, and the economy's still in the give-a-crapper(tm).(I love that , btw) You've already expressed your displeasure to your boss.

Does speaking up more get you any better chance of getting back on the old team? Or does it just
p.o. your boss and his boss, get you known as troublemaker, and put you on the fastrack out the door?

A tough spot you're in, I don't envy you, but wish you good luck whatever decision you make.

"I'm here for a good time, not a long time."

'96 GL Zetec ATX
Bucketloads of miles
P
P
Do you still have a job? YES

Can getting all bent out of shape over something that happens every day to many employees and your comany has every right to do get you fired? YES

Seems like a simple choice to me.

Boss says "Jump", you ask "How high." Boss pays you on Friday.

Boss says "Jump", you reply "But I like skipping better and I don't want to jump." Boss gives you your last paycheck on Friday, saying "We need someone that will jump for us, and you aren't working out."

Now if your pay was affected, it would be a different story.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
L
L
Grin and bear it as long as your pay is not affected. wink

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:
Do you still have a job? YES

Can getting all bent out of shape over something that happens every day to many employees and your comany has every right to do get you fired? YES

Seems like a simple choice to me.

Boss says "Jump", you ask "How high." Boss pays you on Friday.

Boss says "Jump", you reply "But I like skipping better and I don't want to jump." Boss gives you your last paycheck on Friday, saying "We need someone that will jump for us, and you aren't working out."

Now if your pay was affected, it would be a different story.
When I was moved, not only was I moved to a ****ty job, but I was going to take a cut in pay. Besides, I wasn't going to stay anyways. I feel for you Pollo! frown

P. Valdez

1998 VW Jetta TDI
1.9L I4 direct injection turbo diesel
5 speed manual
no mods, no money

AIM:PackRatTDI

My exhaust smells better than yours.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard