Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
D
Make me glad that I don't have a single penny in the stock market anymore. smile :p

98.5 Contour SVT
Kenwood KDC-MP8017 MP3/CD Player
Meaning of life is SOLO II
D
D
[/QUOTE]Not to mention the ever increasing corporate fraud that seems to kill the market every time a small comeback is made.[/QUOTE]
<--- Doesn't want to talk about as the trouble with the power companies is costing me my job. frown Thanks Enron for screwing up the PG companies. mad

1993 Camaro Z-28 CAI, !TB, CC304, Fireball Ignition, 52mm TB, Headers, Stage II chip
1996 Contour 4cyl.- Just paid off time to play.
A
A
Quote:
things will level out very soon, i think. probably by the fall. but interest rates will remain low (and maybe drop again) to keep things from falling too much, too fast.

rates will most likely head back up by fall 2003 and we'll see things turn around as bio-tech and genetics research take the market slightly higher.
[most naive look]
can I subscribe to your monthly newsletter? is there a CEG discount? I would love to know what's gonna happen next month.
[/most naive look]

--alex | 96 GL(sort of) V6 ATX | 98 SE V6 MTX Sport
M
M
Its the basis of Marxist thought... the capitalist market is due to repeated recessions/depressions because of periods of oversaturation. THe market goes good, everybody's stock goes up, everybody buys a bunch of new crap... then suddenly everybody has everything they need... nothing else to buy = companies don't make any money...

The whole Enron/Worldcom/Greedy Fat *******s saga deosn't really help much either...

98.5 SVT E1, Silver Frost
5083 / 6535 born 3/18/98
Removed Resonator, K&N Filter
Complete audio system mods
Painted Interior & Calipers, Xenon bulbs
ON THE WAY: B&M, Aussie Bar, DMD
-------------------------------------
1964 Olds Cutlass F-85
Convertible
-------------------------------------
98 SE Black, Deceased
S
S
All I know is that I have been losing my a$$ lately, and now I have to be in for the long haul just to break even. mad

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

95 Contour SE ATX V6
"Cracked" Secondaries
DMD Installed
SVT Brakes
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by alex_96GL:
Quote:
things will level out very soon, i think. probably by the fall. but interest rates will remain low (and maybe drop again) to keep things from falling too much, too fast.

rates will most likely head back up by fall 2003 and we'll see things turn around as bio-tech and genetics research take the market slightly higher.
[most naive look]
can I subscribe to your monthly newsletter? is there a CEG discount? I would love to know what's gonna happen next month.
[/most naive look]
sorry i didn't take my pessimism pills this morning.

thanks for your insightful reply.

1998 E0 SVT #3128, T-Red

2001 Infiniti G20t
1974.5 MG B GT
H
H
Enjoyed reading the above posts as I await midnight when I can access the update of my brokerage account and see what my margin call will be in the morning. frown

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 110,000km
97 Contour LX v6 atx 125,000km
stock CD on LS, cass on LX
spoiler, tinted windows on LS only
4 wheel discs on LX only
All other available options on both
D
D
A lot of the worry comes from those in the market for the short term. If you are young, ride it out. Unless, of course, you put all your money in telecom. If you got in for short term gain, well, it doesn't look as good. I kinda feel for the people that were near retirement and lost their ass.

Don't be afraid to invest for your future. Don't invest in the "latest thing." No one strikes it rich in the stock market quick. Well, a few did, but it is rare. Look at everyone burned now.

You are as likely to make quick, large profits in the market as you are betting on football. Then again, I did pretty well with the Patriots...

Doug former owner of a 95 SE MTX
Now driving a Bravada, no more fun in the twisties!
DrGonzo767@aol.com
T
T
Funny, I got my statement today and I have lost 6.3% of my retirement in the past 6 months....this damn market better turn around!

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
O
O
If you're not making money in this market, you're playing it the wrong way.. Go short. I predicted Friday's fiasco, and I called Monday's fall (while all the so-called experts expected a rally). We're not done yet, we'll see the Dow flirt with 6000 before the year's out.

However, August 14th may turn things around.. If you don't know, you soon will.. smile

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard