Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#334835 07/07/02 04:55 PM
OP Offline
Alright. Here's my two cents. ::ping ping:: Back in september I got pulled over by a Suffolk Co. Highway Patrol officer for doing 71 mph in an -in any other situation- 55mph zone at 2 o'clock in the morning. The area I was pulled over in was set up as a work zone, however no employees of the DOT were present. Because the area was designated as a work zone, the speed limit was 35mph. I was not informed at the time I received my citation that it was an active work zone, and I did not get my education in NYS traffic law until my day in court. Apparently, the powers that be changed the work zone law to state that any area designated as a work zone (cones, barrels, signs etc) is an active work zone 24 hours a day even if there is no work being done. I was guilty of speeding (even if it was a 55mph zone) and was fined $200 +. To make a long story short (too late) The cop was only doing his job. 2 days after my trial, I was on the same road (observing the limit) The very same officer (like i could forget his face) was operating his patrol car in the lane next to me, when he decided that he did'nt want to wait for the traffic light, floored it, flipped his reds on, did'nt signal when he cut me off, went over a double yellow, ran the light, flipped off his carte blanche roof lights and kept on going. Point is, Police officers do a thankless job and in most cases do not get compensated accordingly. (cops in my county get paid an avg of 100k/year, and if you don't believe me go to www.newsday.com and look it up) But why can 1 person get red lighted, ticketed and charged on a technicality (not necessarily this situation)if the person issuing the justice commits more traffic violations then (s)he did, but it's ok because he has a light bar?? ::::pfffffftPOP:::::can of worms opened.

P.S. wouldn't a contique police cruiser be hot??

2000 Contour Se Zetec 2.0L
No go mods yet, but a couple of show mods
-Pilot HyperWhite Fog lights
-Blue courtesy/dome lights
-Reverse Indiglo Gagues from www.procarparts.com
-Headlight/Climate control knobs, vents, glove box handle, and "Contour" dash badge painted in Silver Frost to match exterior
-Ventguards
-20% tints
-Aiwa CDC-X317 CD player 45 watt per channel piping through stock (ick) speakers
-Knauberized.
-coming soon: Amplifier/bazooka bass tube (too lazy to put them in), Arctic blue headlights.
#334836 07/07/02 05:20 PM
S
S
How do you know he wasn't responding to a call? Sometimes coppers need to be discreet.

It's not allways with the tires squealing, lights flashing, sirens blaring, powersliding, tire smoking, jumping the hills of San Francisco, etc... wink

Sorry 'bout the ticket, tho.

1999 SVT #900/2760
Born on 1-20-99
Silver Frost/Midnight Blue
A few aesthetic and audio mods
#334837 07/07/02 05:21 PM
R
Ron Offline
R
I live in nassau County and cops here are unfair.. I got pulled over for running a stop sign taht I never ran. The POS wrote the ticket out ona orad I was never on. Mygirend bassau also got pulled over for making a right on green...

99 Silver frost Contour LX ztec..
35% tints all around..
Aiwa Deck w/ Infinity reference all around......
#334838 07/07/02 05:23 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron:
I live in nassau County and cops here are unfair.. I got pulled over for running a stop sign taht I never ran. The POS wrote the ticket out ona orad I was never on. Mygirend bassau also got pulled over for making a right on green...
I didn't understand half the words in your post.
Sorry bout your luck, though.....I think. laugh

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
#334839 07/07/02 05:35 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
How do you know he wasn't responding to a call? Sometimes coppers need to be discreet.
I agree w/u 100% and that does happen all of the time. However, I see it done too often when a cop just want's to excercise his muscle and cut that light. Cops break the law for the same reason a dog licks his balls--because he can.

-Headlight/Climate control knobs, vents, glove box handle, and "Contour" dash badge painted in Silver Frost to match exterior
-Ventguards
-20% tints
-Aiwa CDC-X317 CD player 45 watt per channel piping through stock (ick) speakers
-Knauberized.
-coming soon: Amplifier/bazooka bass tube (too lazy to put them in), Arctic blue headlights.
#334840 07/07/02 05:39 PM
J
J
Quote:
Point is, Police officers do a thankless job and in most cases do not get compensated accordingly. (cops in my county get paid an avg of 100k/year, and if you don't believe me go to www.newsday.com and look it up) But why can 1 person get red lighted, ticketed and charged on a technicality (not necessarily this situation)if the person issuing the justice commits more traffic violations then (s)he did, but it's ok because he has a light bar??
Where do you think their income is coming from? Those tickets they issue are revenue boosters to help offset the city budget. Those officers know this. If the city budget goes bankrupt, then they loose their jobs, simple as that. In my State, it was just on the news the other day, that the Governer of the state announced that the state and county sheriffs will have lower tolerance, and will be issuing more citations to speeders and law breakers to help raise money for some new initiative they need money for. I always tell my friends this: "If you think about it, the Government is the most successful business in our country, because they've figured out how to produce revenue income without even selling a good, or a service"

'95 CONTOUR SE
-Enkei 16s
-Porsche944 Exhaust tip
- Audi xenon projector headlights
-Peterbilt 30" air horns
-mp3 Aiwa headunit (150 songs on one disc)
-dual 10s
-soon to have LED tailights (real kind, not just gay bulbs)
-That's it for now
#334841 07/07/02 05:58 PM
OP Offline
Absolutely right!! You, my friend are an educated american who understands our sphincter prodding economic system. I work for a bank. If you've ever bounced a check, you know that you get charged like 20-30 bucks each time you do that. It costs us nothing to have that check returned. Millions of checks are presented each day with no problem, but those precious fools who don't have enough money get a-rammed. Same story with the govt. If out of 50 thousand motorists using a road on any given day, 100 get a ticket and get convicted for it, thats-at the very least (25 bucks per ticket)- $2500 in extra revenue that the state wasn't counting on. And what does it cost them to issue the tickets, a couple hundred bucks a year for ticket pads and pens--budgeted, the cops salary--bugeted, a fleet of 4.6L de-governored Ford V-8 Crown Vic's (drools)--budgeted. I think I've made my point.

-Ventguards
-20% tints
-Knauberized.
#334842 07/07/02 06:35 PM
P
P
Any minute now Sandman is going bust the door down... wink

P. Valdez

1998 VW Jetta TDI
1.9L I4 direct injection turbo diesel
5 speed manual
no mods, no money

AIM:PackRatTDI

My exhaust smells better than yours.
#334843 07/07/02 06:58 PM
E
E
Well with me training as a police officer(now in college), I know somethings about 'em. Like any other job there are good cops and bad cops. we only hear about the bad ones. Hence portraying a negative light onto police officers. You always here about cops doing wrong not cops doing their jobs.

The same thing is with pitbulls. You only hear about the ones who bite kids and kill other dogs. But hardly anyone knows about the pitbull that sniffed out the biggest drug bust in US history.

Media comes in to play with everything and people stretch every right they have.

Finally, laws aren't broke until you get caught. j/k

'95 Contour GL, zetec mtx, drop in K&N, exhaust res removed, 4 10" Kenwoods powered by 1000W Visonik amp, 4 5"x7"/6"x8" Visoniks

"Buy American or apply for Japanese welfare."

www.geocities.com/fordcontour05/contour.html
#334844 07/07/02 06:59 PM
OP Offline
Quote:
I live in nassau County and cops here are unfair
at least you can plea bargain in nassau.

-Ventguards
-20% tints
-Knauberized.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard