Let me quote
In 1953 Miller placed together in a glass aparatus methane ammonia, and hydrogen gasses. He generated an electric spark in a a large 5 liter flask, and bouled water in a smaller flask to provide vapor to the spark as well as to circulate teh gases. Compounds formed by the sparking were then condensed or recirculated if they were volitale. AFter one week of continuous electrical discharge, he chromatographed and analyzed the products accumulated in the aqueous phase. Note that a large portion of these compounds are relatively simple and include both amino acids and other substances such as urea found in living organisms. In fact the wide array of possible complex molecules that such apparrantly random chemical reactions could have produced, it is remarkable that significant amounts of such relatively simple compounds essential to life actually formed. These experiments adn others that followed therefore point to strongly to the likelihood that the chemical environment that existed before the orgin of life was probably not 'chaos.' Rather, the Earth had a significant amount of simple organic molecules that could participate in forming living organisms" (Evolution, Monroe Strickberger, 1996) Now as for the amino acids being dead well they are essentially dead, they aren't living breathing creatures yet, so a scientist could basically say that they are dead. Anyway as much as I would love to go on about proteinoids adn the labwork done with them, I need to go to work. Been spending to much time on this and I should really take a bit of a break.

96 Contour GL
2.5 ATX
02 Mazda Protege LX
2.0 MTX