Great one. I have to tell you that we are divided on the herbivore issue.. the bible CLEARly states that their was no death before adam's sin. After that, there was death. And God sacrificed an animal, to give adam and eve clothes... he also spilt the blood of the animal as a covering for their sin. He showed us how to do the offerings...
That set asside, there was death, carnivoury before the flood. I have done indepth research on the origin scripture, and have always come to the same conclusion. So, we have a small problem. I say there was, another says there wasn't. lets say there was. (for arguement sake)..
The only way that this arguement can be understood is from a larger picture. God says that when he is done creating, everything is Good.. that does not include death. Then, after adam sins, god curses the world, and introduces death. The reason being that we are now seperated from him, and if we didn't die, we would forever be seperated from him. At this point, carnivory starts. So, there was a sudden point in time where yes, the lion all of sudden starts eating meat. I have not found any really good scientific studies done to show how large animals cna survive, and keep their mass up using only berries.. but that doesn't mean there aren't any. I would take a stab at maybe bears. when food gets scarce they eat shrubs, and berries..
(not sure scientifically if this holds water) don't be to harsh on me if the bear thing doesn't work!

Andre

95 Bmw 318
Port & Polish
Manifold back Exhaust
Koni Struts, Apex dropped springs
Pioneer Premiere Tunes all around