ASSVT:

Problems with Isochrons

and

U-TH-PB Dating - An Example of False Isochrons

1. How did the predators survive after they got off the arc?

In Genesis 1:29-30, the Bible teaches that before the flood all the animals were vegetarians so there was not a problem with, for example, the lion trying to eat the lamb.

2. What about the animals with special dietary requirements?

Sorry, but there is no way I have hard evidence of this, but I would think that Noah knew about these special requirements and would have made extra provisions for them.

3. How did the human population rebound so quickly?

It is relatively easy to calculate the growth rate needed to get today's population from Noah's three sons and their wives, after the Flood. With the Flood at about 4,500 years ago, it needs less than 0.5% per year growth. That's not very much. (The current growth rate of the world population is about 1.7% per year.)

Evolutionists claim that mankind evolved from apes about a million years ago. If the population had grown at just 0.01% per year since then (doubling only every 7,000 years), there would be 1E43 people today.

4. How did 8 people care for anywhere between 8000-20000 animals?

In his well documented book, Noah's Ark: A Feasibility Study, John Woodmorappe suggests that far fewer animals would have been transported upon the ark. Woodmorappe credibly demonstrates that as few as 2,000 animals may have been required on the ark.

It is also logical that the animals where young (therefore small). Also, many animals become dormant, lethargic or even hibernate during stormy weather.

5. How did the arc stand up to the worldwide tsunami's that would be created by the theory of plate subduction?

Aren't tsunamis just huge tidal waves? Also, at the point of the plate movement, I don't believe (correct me if I am wrong) there is a large tidal wave. It isn't until the wave gets into shallower water and closer to land that the tidal wave grows to huge proportions. However, lets see how the arc could weather rough seas:

Noah's ark was built only to float, not to sail anywhere. Therefore, Noah's ark need neither giant masts or sails. Therefore it had far less torsional stress. Also, the length-to-width ratio of 6 to 1 is what shipbuilders today often use. This is the best ratio for stability in stormy weather. Although there is no Biblical evidence of this, the ark may have had a "moon-pool" in the center. The larger ships would have a hole in the center of the bottom of the boat with walls extending up into the ship. There are several reasons for this feature:
*It allowed water to go up into the hole as the ship crested waves. This would be needed to relieve strain on longer ships.
*The rising and lowering water acted as a piston to pump fresh air in and out of the ship. This would prevent the buildup of dangerous gasses from all the animals on board.
*The hole was a great place to dump garbage into the ocean without going outside.

6. How did all the plants survive?

Many terrestrial seeds can survive long periods of soaking in various concentrations of salt water (Howe, 1968, CRSQ:105–112). Others could have survived in floating masses. Many could have survived as accidental and planned food stores on the ark.

7. Why do ancient redwoods with ages up to 10,000 years old so no ill effects in there growth rings?

Are you sure they were redwoods?

"Redwoods are the fastest growing softwood tree in the U.S. and often grow 130 feet in 30 years and 170 feet in 50 years, yet the redwood can live to be more than 2,000 years old." REF http://www.sunnyfortuna.com/

A Bristlecone Pine is the Earth's oldest living inhabitant ("Methuselah" at 4,767 years).

Chad Purser
'98 Silver SVT
Mostly Stock