Quote:
Originally posted by cpurser:
MystiqueSVT:
I am glad you have joined the discussion.

[b]"From Starr and Taggart: Evolution is simply the character of the population changing through successive generations.

This definition is very broad and vague, and it is one of MANY definitions of evolution. The way it is worded here, it could be taken as Micro- or Macro-evolution.

"This has nothing to do with proving the age of something, just studying a given population of creatures over the course of time and noting the changes in their characteristics.

But without enough time, macroevolution did not have time to happen! That is why Creationists dwell on this point. There has been enough time for changes within a species (micro-), but not enough time for mutations and other factors to allow across-species changes (macro-).[/b]
I'm not arguing micro or macro, simply boiling down what Evolution actually means.

As for your arguement about there not being enough time for mutations and other factors. If you took Biology, you know that mutations are instant, aka it was born with it. This does not require time.

As for time...the time is dictated by what you believe. How do you know how long it takes a species to adapt? This is inherent on the lifespan of this species. For instance, take the moth example given previously in this post. Most white moths in London disappeared due to the fact that their environment was gray. The net result, gray moths flourished. This was proven and you can research this yourself. Do not give me examples from 1974 that prove one small point wrong. Lots of scientists have been proven wrong as time goes on. That is why scientists do studies and experiments, to find truth. If a theory cannot be proven wrong, it becomes fact.

Evolution is not a theory because it has been proven. So when you argue about time and Biology, try doing research. I've taken several Biology courses in college and read extensively on the subject. I think I have a very good grasp on how nature functions. Survival of the fittest. Just turn on the Discovery Channel and see how nature really works.

I suggest everyone here do a little reading on the subject. Learn about genetics, dominant and recessive genes. I am not on here to teach, only to show others that an entirely different world exists that they have yet to learn about. What I argue about can actually be proven with real data and can be reproduced.

There are millions of pages of studies and surveys that show how organisms do in fact, change their characteristics over time to better their chance at survival, and of course, increase their chances at reproduction, hence passing those important genes on to their offspring.

I will not argue religion as religion deals with supernatural entities and is based on faith. You cannot argue ones faith, so I will not. That is the point of faith, knowing something is true without hard proof.

95 Mystique LS Young America edition, V6, MTX, Yeah...it's stock. Now with new underhood wiring!!! My Profile
Moderator of the Florida Contour Enthusiast Group