I think a concept of God is involved here as well. I believe in an all-powerful God, just like the Creationists. However, I don't believe that God works in the same manner as they do.

Time segments are a man-made creation, meaning nothing to an immortal being. Time is actually like an endless river, constantly flowing. Even in terms of man's wordings for these segments, they can mean different things. "Day" can mean the standard 24-hour period of time we use. However, you talk (usually with an older person) saying "back in my day", suddenly the period is longer and of an indeterminable length. "Day" takes the same meaning as "Era" in this context.

That said, I believe that God works in subtle and mysterious ways. As time means nothing to Him, I don't see God suddenly saying the Word, and *POOF*, there's the multiverse (I believe in multiple planes of existence, but that's another topic). The idea of being so rushed about Creation is a very human characteristic, not a characteristic of someone unfettered by time. So He Creates, taking time to enjoy each part of Creation, then having it progress. As I believe God is subtle, Creation evolves. Since God is directing evolution, and He is omniscient and all-powerful, He can have creatures modify in multiple ways at once. Part of this process is the extinction of species to make way for the evolution of others. Extinct species aren't mistakes, they just had served their purpose, and no longer have a reason for being.

After what humans would say is billions of years, He decides to evolve humans to take the role as the current pinnacle of creation. As He gave us reason, people are curious, and thirst for knowledge. Scientists study what has occurred, to determine what God has done. The evidence supports evolution, though there are some questions which need further study. Having questions does not invalidate the theory, however. So they put the term "Theory" in stating evolution is how life on this planet came into being. However, evolution is just an explanation of what God did, not a substitute for God.

My model on how evolution and God coexist very well.

You can pillage an enemy once, but a customer is an endless resource.

James Oerichbauer - PFPC Global Fund Services

Ross: 1998 E0 SVT Contour, Toreador Red, Konis, Superchip, KKM w/heat shield, SHO-shop y-pipe and rear strut brace, no res, ScotchCal, Moda Sport 16x7.5 wheels with 205/55ZR16 Dayton Dayton tires... more