assvt... please follow along...

humans.. we always look at things from a time perspective.. everything has a beginning because we are subject to time, time is not outside of the universe, but rather inside. God, "the same yesterday, today, and forever" is outside of time. This is why the first few versus of genesis say that "IN THE BEGINNING"
When... the beginning... it is explained this way, because God creates time, then, says... at the very first moment in time.. the beginning... I created the heavens and the earth...
We can not wrap our heads properly around perhaps Him being outside of time, but it is not a stretch! He is not a physical human.
Hope this answers it. Contact me at blumchen@rogers.com for a more indepth answer if you care!
I think I speak for most christians on this board.. we are trying our best to give you REAL answers to some REAL questions... one small dilemna many of you will have however, is that you start with the premise that Evolution happened. Then you look at the world around you, and say wow... looks like it did happen.. Well, if you picture an analogy... You are wearing evolution glasses... if you take those glasses off, and wear a pair that say creation start with the assumption there is a God. and watch the evidence make sense. Again, with your evolution glasses on, some evidence makes sense, but the majority just doesn't seem to fit just quite rightly.
I would challenge you to take up blitzkrieg's 5 most favoured arguements for evolution idea.. and make that list.. see if it stands...

Small point concerning dating again... most people say that a certain fossil was dug up in a certain layer.. say precambrian.. or messazoic...
then you say that that fossil must be 60 million years old.. it is in a certain layer... The problem is, the people that designed the stratographic column, relied on the people designing the geologic column, for dates, and vica versa.. the geologists say the rocks are this age, because of the fossils contained there in... the (word escapes me.. fossil diggers.. sorry guys)say that fossils are so old, because of the rock layers they are found in...
this is circular reasoning. An honest person would look at the situation, and say that we need to look at our ages...

Andre

95 Bmw 318
Port & Polish
Manifold back Exhaust
Koni Struts, Apex dropped springs
Pioneer Premiere Tunes all around