Quote:
Originally posted by dfordham:
1) How do evolutionists prove the earth is millions of years old?
I can't believe I missed this discussion. Oh well. I do have a few points to make.

To answer the question as it is asked. Evolutionists cannot prove the age of the earth.

From Starr and Taggart: Evolution is simply the character of the population changing through successive generations.

This has nothing to do with proving the age of something, just studying a given population of creatures over the course of time and noting the changes in their characteristics.

As for Evolution, I suggest anyone who doesn't believe it just doesn't understand it. Read any Biology book. They will always describe Evolution, as it's the basis of Biology...or the study of life. Nowhere in the current study of evolution (and I'm not talking about Darwin's notes) does it mention religion.

From Webster's Dictionary: Religion-An organized system of beliefs, rites, and celebrations centered on a supernatural being power; belief pursued with devotion.

The last fragment is the key, belief pursued with devotion. No sense in arguing with one's devotion.

Why mix the two....Evolution and religion. Why can't a religious individual believe in the change of a species characteristics over time? They can, ask anyone who studies Islam. My best friend gives lectures upon religion and evolution. Islam believes in both.

Now, scientists determining the age of the earth, not Evolutionists, is something entirely different.

I will attempt to answer that entirely different question when it is asked. wink

95 Mystique LS Young America edition, V6, MTX, Yeah...it's stock. Now with new underhood wiring!!! My Profile
Moderator of the Florida Contour Enthusiast Group