Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 34 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 33 34
T
T
Posted by ASSVT:
Quote:
I guess I'm more comfortable with knowing that when I die, that's it, game over, lights out. But I can understand people not wanting to accept that fact.
What comforts me is I'll know if I'm right...you never will...You'll know if you're wrong. I never will...

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by scooby757:
When the "great flood" killed off everything that Noah and company didn't load up on the ark. What killed off the ocean-going dinos [someone mentioned pleasiosaur for one example] that some of you suggest lived at the same time as man?
Please don't say they "drowned". frown
the oceans would be so full of sediment that most of the life in them would suffocate and die. I didnt say drowned I said suffocate. :p

Currently: 2002 ztw focus wagon, black, manual. Yippee it sucks!!

blitzkrieg53@hotmail.com
B
B
when is anyone going to make that list of five things that they believe are strong arguments for evolution? instead of asking questions that are really nothing more than attempts to change the focus of the discussion.

blitzkrieg53@hotmail.com
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by blitzkrieg53:
Quote:
Originally posted by scooby757:
[b]When the "great flood" killed off everything that Noah and company didn't load up on the ark. What killed off the ocean-going dinos [someone mentioned pleasiosaur for one example] that some of you suggest lived at the same time as man?
Please don't say they "drowned". frown
the oceans would be so full of sediment that most of the life in them would suffocate and die. I didnt say drowned I said suffocate. :p [/b]
So am I to understand that the ark had holding tanks for ALL the species of fish, and sea mammals that we now have, including all species of sharks, and all species of whales.[remember they couldn't just grab two small pilot whales, and have all the other species "evolve" from it later...right?] Since sediment can't distinguish between blue whale, and plesiosaur, for example.
EVERYTHING here now must have been on for the ride eh?

blk.99svt
n.e.Ohio
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups...
B
B
you didnt read what I said

blitzkrieg53@hotmail.com
A
A
Must have been one f***ing big a$$ boat.

99' tropic green SVT
2558/2760
born on 08/06/99
KKM, resonator removed, B&M short throw, SHO shop y-pipe w/cat,
Pioneer deck, Boston Accoustics 10" rallys, MTX thunder amp
B
B
and yes it was one really huge boat roughly the size of a modern day tanker or freighter

blitzkrieg53@hotmail.com
A
A
Fact is it would of had to have been a lot bigger than that in order to carry ALL the different types of animals not to mention carry all the food for those animals, oh and what about a freshwater source. Yeah that boat would have had to have been the size of 3-4 aircraft carriers at the minimum. And to think they did it all in wood. :rolleyes:

99' tropic green SVT
2558/2760
born on 08/06/99
KKM, resonator removed, B&M short throw, SHO shop y-pipe w/cat,
Pioneer deck, Boston Accoustics 10" rallys, MTX thunder amp
C
C
Thoughts about the Flood:

* Over 250 Flood legends from all parts of the world have been found. Most have similarities to the Genesis story.

* Noah's ark was built only to float, not to sail anywhere. Many ark scholars believe that the ark was a "barge" shape, not a pointed "boat" shape. This would greatly increase the cargo capacity. Scoffers have pointed out that the largest sailing ships were less than 300 feet because of the problem of twisting and flexing the boat. These ships had giant masts on them and sails to catch the wind. Noah's ark need neither of those and therefore had far less torsional stress.

* Even using the small 18-inch cubit (my height is 6-ft. 1-in. and I have a 21-in. cubit) the ark was large enough to hold all the required animals, people, and food with room to spare.

* The length-to-width ratio of 6 to 1 is what shipbuilders today often use. This is the best ratio for stability in stormy weather.

* God told Noah to bring two of each kind (seven of some), not of each species or variety. Noah had only two of the dog kind which would include the wolves, coyotes, foxes, mutts, etc. The "kind" grouping is probably closer to our modern family division in taxonomy, and would greatly reduce the number of animals on the ark. Animals have diversified into many varieties in the last 4400 years since the Flood. This diversification is not anything similar to great claims that the evolutionists teach.

* Only land-dwelling, air-breathing animals had to be included on the ark (Gen. 7:15, "in which is the breath of life," 7:22). Noah did not need to bring all the thousands of insects varieties.

* Many animals sleep, hibernate, or become very inactive during bad weather.

* The large mountains, as we have them today, did not exist until after the Flood when "the mountains arose and the valleys sank down" (Ps. 104:5-9, Gen. 8:3-8).

* There is enough water in the oceans right now to cover the earth 8,000 feet deep if the surface of the earth were smooth.

* The top 3,000 feet of Mt. Everest (from 26,000-29,000 feet) is made up of sedimentary rock packed with seashells and other ocean-dwelling animals.

* Sedimentary rock is found all over the world. Sedimentary rock is formed in water.

* Petrified clams in the closed position (found all over the world) testify to their rapid burial while they were still alive, even on top of Mount Everest.

* Bent rock layers, fossil graveyards, and poly-strata fossils are best explained by a Flood.

Chad Purser
'98 Silver SVT
Mostly Stock
B
B
so when do I get my five proofs list????? Dont ask us anymore questions we have been doing that most of the argument. Stop avoiding giving me a list or do I just assume that you cant?

blitzkrieg53@hotmail.com
Page 17 of 34 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard