Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 34 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 33 34
S
S
daenku32, you're being utterly ridiculous. Separate out two concepts. The first concept is that there is an omnipotent Creator. I have no problem with that, though I believe the Creator acted through evolution. The second is a claim that you are that Creator. Prove it. Just because there is a Creator in no way forces me to think that you may be that creator, and if someone comes up to me making such claims, I am going to want proof. Jesus gave proof, in his miracles. I don't see you performing any such miracles.

To answer your question, I will say it is not possible for you to be the Creator, a different being already did before you had the chance.

You can pillage an enemy once, but a customer is an endless resource.

James Oerichbauer - PFPC Global Fund Services

Ross: 1998 E0 SVT Contour, Toreador Red, Konis, Superchip, KKM w/heat shield, SHO-shop y-pipe and rear strut brace, no res, ScotchCal, Moda Sport 16x7.5 wheels with 205/55ZR16 Dayton Dayton tires... more
T
T
Ok cpurser, so 40,000 years is still a long time before the time of the Bible. Very long. Now, if you're trying to say the earth is only 40,000 years old, more or less....lol!

As far as lizards go, fine...but the animal was not described (hairy, not hairy, scaly skin, etc.) It was merely described as a behemoth. That can be anything....That's like seeing a hit and run and telling the police "Yeah the person was driving a big car" What is that solid proof of? Nothing.

Nobody said the footprint was fossil to begin with. We've seen people, artifacts, plants, animals preserved for many many years. Covered in ice, or sand (not organic remains unless we're talking mummies though...but look at the remains of pompei). Something does not have to be a fossil to be preserved. Merely isolated from weather. Where in the world was this footprint? Is it not possible it was under a deep layer of ice for a number of years, thawed out somehow, primitave man wanders through and steps in it...then it became a fossil? You make it sound like things are either one thing or another when it comes to nature, and it's not there are simply too many possibilities to account for. Meaning sometimes things happen that are not so easily explained. It doesn't mean "God did it" and it doesn't prove man and dinosaur walked the earth together. And who verified this human footprint? Or is it something that resembles a human footprint in something that resembles a dinosaur footprint? How can you know for sure?

There is a crater somewhere in America..Nevada I believe. Sorry I do not know the name of it, but it is a tourist spot. It does exist.

T-Red, yes the earth is constantly changing...but not all at once. Since when is an earthquake a global event? There are parts of the earth that are intact, atleast below ground level. Yes, you can have both. This layer has been found at dig sites in different places around the world, and in places where these elements are not found in the ground. Nobody planted them there.

1999 Silver Frost SVT
#609 of 2760
Born on 12/3/98

KKM Intake
Removed Resonator
35% Window Tint all around
Tinted Tail Lights
ElKy Mesh Grilles
HID

Dyno'ed at 175.3HP/155.5TQ

"How much must I live through just to get away..."
T
T
Oh, now I see the light....the fossil record is only conclusive if it compliments your argument! Wonderful...We need to look at it from the viewpoint that the Bible is looked at. If you don't believe 1 word out of it, you don't believe any of the words...This is not something you pick and choose so that it suits you or your argument. Fossil records are either....Evidence that man did live in an age of "dragons" (Dinosaurs) or they are 100% false. We can not empirically say that what is true in this part of the world is false in another. The same physics apply.
Oddly enough, the element you are thinking of is an isotope of iridium, I believe. This layer is found very close to strata containing many bronze age artifacts. hmmm....weird. It proves nothing.
The argument that this element is found in asteroids or comets is irrelevent, because it is found on earth also...not just in this strata, but dispersed throughout the world...

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
T
T
Quote:
Posted by The Great One:
Since when is an earthquake a global event?
We'll see soon enough...REV. 6:14 wink
I won't be here...will you?

Ride: 2000 T-red SE
Beats: Kenwood 316S, Alpine MRF200, Orion XTR 6.2, Coustic 400SE
Mods: CTA, Magnaflow exhaust, SVT Instrument cluster, Knuaberized doors, side markers, F***ed up painted headlights.
T
T
Quote:
We can not empirically say that what is true in this part of the world is false in another.
Wo said that? I wish I could draw you a diagram. 65 million years ago, an asteroid hits earth. Distributes a layer of Iridium across the world. Continents move, earthquakes happen....but the layer is still there, not anywhere you decide to dig a hole due to the events mentioned but there is still evidence of this at different parts of the globe. I don't understand the problem. confused confused

1999 Silver Frost SVT
#609 of 2760
Born on 12/3/98

KKM Intake
Removed Resonator
35% Window Tint all around
Tinted Tail Lights
ElKy Mesh Grilles
HID

Dyno'ed at 175.3HP/155.5TQ

"How much must I live through just to get away..."
A
A
Sorry to cut in but IIRC earlier in the posts the creationists were saying that the earth is only 6 thousand years old and that carbon dating was only a guess after that amount of time. Now it comes to light that it is accurate out to about 40,000 years. Well if that is the case that blows the thought of the earth only being 6,000 years-old out of the water. To ask one question that was asked earlier in the post by someone "who created god?". I really have pondered this question myself. After all if the creationists feel they can side step theories like the big bang by asking what caused it and where did the ingredients for it come about, then I venture as to ask you who made god. Someone or something would of had to after all he couldn't make himself if he didn't exist yet. What did he just kinda pop out of nothingness? I don't think so. After all if you can say that it is possible for a all knowing, all powerfull, invisible, non-validatable being to just appear out of nothing. Then I can't see how you can be so quick to dis credit an explanation such as the big bang, evolution, etc...

99' tropic green SVT
2558/2760
born on 08/06/99
KKM, resonator removed, B&M short throw, SHO shop y-pipe w/cat,
Pioneer deck, Boston Accoustics 10" rallys, MTX thunder amp
L
L
I stumbled with that question of evolution and creation too!! I would recommend if you get a chance to look at a book called (Life How did it get here, By Evolution or Creation) Not trying to change anyones religion or anything but you can get that book from Jehovahs Witnesses!! People like to give us a bad rep. but all we try to do is draw people to the bible. Anyway it hits it from both the scientific field and from the bible, so you see both sides. Just my 2cents for today!! Very glad some people can have a decent discussion without blowin up!! laugh smile Later

98 SVT switchin 4 lanes windows down system pumpin screamin out money aint a thang!!! laugh
C
C
ASSVT:

You did not remember correctly. Back on page 1, my original statement quoted the 40k number. I never said that dating techniques are only good for less than 6k years. More on age dating later.

TheGreatOne:

I will ask once again. Have you read the other 5 pages of this discussion? From your uninformed posts you have made here, it sure doesn't sound like it.

This is part of what I posted a couple of pages back:

"My main goal of my posts here is to show that evolution is not science, and that it has not been proven as fact."

Ok, here we go again. Just based on the half-life of carbon 14, carbon dating is only accurate for less than 40,000 years. However, throw in all the assumptions that have to be made on top of the half-life calculations, and carbon dating's accuracy (as with all other dating techniques) goes down even further!

But, just say that the earth is 40,000 years old. According to evolutionist, that STILL isn't long enough for evolution to have happened. Fourty thousand years is a LOONNNGGG way away from 200 million years. Fourty thousand years isn't even long enough for the earth to have cooled and the little one celled thing-a-ma-bobbers to have "evolved"!

As for the footprint arguement, I posted the exact evidence and reference on a previous post. But now I will go even further! Photos here:

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/taylor-3b-java.htm

Chad Purser
'98 Silver SVT
Mostly Stock
A
A
I myself beleive that the earth is billions of years old. But that is beside the point. My main question was as stated by another ceg'er was who made god? I asked this question of the creationists in one of edwardc topic from a few weeks ago( too lazy to search for it right now) but it never got answered. And in this topic the same question was also asked by someone else and they still get no answer. So I ask again. Who made god????? Where did he come from?????

99' tropic green SVT
2558/2760
born on 08/06/99
KKM, resonator removed, B&M short throw, SHO shop y-pipe w/cat,
Pioneer deck, Boston Accoustics 10" rallys, MTX thunder amp
C
C
ASSVT:

I did not answer your question before because I did not have any physical evidence to support my answer. I have limited my arguments in this discussion to what I could offer evidence. However, I will answer you now.

According to the Bible, God has always been and forever will be.

And believe me, I am the first to tell you, that is a hard statement to accept. It is beyond my comprehension to grasp that statement. BUT, that is where my Faith comes in.

Now, I am sure I am about to reap some flames from the evolutionists about that statement. That's all well and good.

But, before you cast the first stone, let me ask you this:

Where did the spark of the Big Bang come from? Where did that pin-point explosion originate?

Let me answer it for you. You don't know. Period. That is where YOUR faith comes in.

Chad Purser
'98 Silver SVT
Mostly Stock
Page 15 of 34 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard