Quote:
LOL, funny.

Moses wrote the first book of the bible Genesis. Moses lived during Egyptian times. Moses grew up with the egyptians and was taught by them during his childhood.
..Thank you captain obvious :rolleyes:

Quote:
Egyptians knew how to write very well. There society was well advanced.
Did egyptians write the entire bible??

Quote:
For you pastor, priest to say that it is not literal because people didn't know how to read or write well, is absurd.
What's absurd is the fact that you can't read the words on the screen in front of your face! No I'm not going to copy and paste the words here so you can see either. Common sense by itself proves that most of the stories in the bible are not factual representations of the way things happened. Especially when it comes to the creation story. Do you really believe that woman was created from the rib of a man? Come now....

There's nothing wrong with science, or scientific fact. And the reality of this whole thing is that god did not sit down and wave a magic wand and create the earth. We have theories that help us understand how the universe, our solar system, and our planet were created (more or less). One God getting bored one day and creating everything we see unfortunatley doesn't fit in there. Perhaps when we get to the very beginning of the universe - where did the "stuff" that exploded and created our universe come from? That's it.

But anyway, back to my original statement. Back when the bible was written...we know, that MOST people (Yes, Moses could read and write...moses was an egyptian prince..."his people" were mere slaves - when's the last time you saw an educated slave??) couldn't read or write. What's the easiest way to communicate with someone? Tell them a story. That person will remember that story and tell it to other people. The story will spread...by word of mouth - even to those people who cannot read and write. Whether or not you say so, the Bible is not 100% factual, and It makes sense because telling symbolic stories is probably the easiest way to convey a point, moral, lesson, to anyone..much easier than memorizing a text book and repeating it to someone else.

Yes, there are people who take the Bible literally...and that's just fine, but, to do so means you completely deny the existance of Dinosaurs, and other prehistoric creatures.

This does not mean you don't believe in God or a higher power. Again, you can believe in evolution, but what's important (so i'm told) is that you also realise that at one point, God came to us and gave man a human soul. Next time read a little slower and don't take it so personal....

1999 Silver Frost SVT
#609 of 2760
Born on 12/3/98

KKM Intake
Removed Resonator
35% Window Tint all around
Tinted Tail Lights
ElKy Mesh Grilles
HID

Dyno'ed at 175.3HP/155.5TQ

"How much must I live through just to get away..."