I find it interesting that my Catholic school education considered everything up to the age of Abraham to be mythogical, as a primitive society's lore for how the world began, a flood story, and a few other stories. Abraham was the "founding father" of the JudeoChristian tradition, and history flows from there.

cpurser, I'm sorry that I don't remember the sources for my information. I take the information, remember it, and throw out the wrapper. However, unless you have been extremely isolationist in your study of the history of life on this planet, you have already seen it.

A theory doesn't have to stand up to the standards of a criminal court. It's more like a civil court, and the strong preponderance of the evidence still supports evolution. Maybe it needs some tweaking, but the basic theory is sound and well supported. You've already seen the evidence, and I don't remember the sources, but I've seen enough to be comfortable with my conclusions.

I do like your plays on semantics on the Biblical translations. However, it is still clear that there are two creation myths that are contradictory, even in your readings of them. Your two translations say the exact same thing, the NIV is just in simpler prose.

You can pillage an enemy once, but a customer is an endless resource.

James Oerichbauer - PFPC Global Fund Services

Ross: 1998 E0 SVT Contour, Toreador Red, Konis, Superchip, KKM w/heat shield, SHO-shop y-pipe and rear strut brace, no res, ScotchCal, Moda Sport 16x7.5 wheels with 205/55ZR16 Dayton Dayton tires... more