Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 34 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 33 34
W
W
...One more thing...If evolution is true, which I don't believe it is, but if it is, why, after countless billions of years, is everything not perfected yet? It has had ample time...

Well, who is to say what is perfect...maybe its the process that is occurring thats perfection ....I cant believe how little sense of awe or respect for nature and its processess some you you show...no wonder the natural state of the planet is going to pot....Why is it that evolving from muck, if it is so, so bad...If you had bad parents that gave you birth, but you are better than they,,,should I judge you on that fact that they were crappy?

If you guys paid attention, you would realize that God is supposed to be everywhere, and he is a part of everything,,,Even if evolution is true (which I think it is). I would say...awesome, God created life to be chaotic and everchanging, evolving towards some unkown goal...

The difference is that some evolutionsists can still believe that God created everything, but creationists are a lil bit static in their reasoning... Its a lot easier to believe due to faith, than because of science..

He's chaaarging!!!...(add scottish accent)...
G
G
Quote:
One more thing...If evolution is true, which I don't believe it is, but if it is, why, after countless billions of years, is everything not perfected yet? It has had ample time...
I have to agree with WhiteSE on this one - who's to say what perfection is? Time is too relative an entity to base a statement like that on. Who's to say that billions of years is enough time? If the universe sticks around for another trillion years, then what time has passed so far would appear pretty small.

Likewise, according to the popular evolutionary timetable of our planet, humans have only been around for thousands of years in comparison to the billions of years age of the universe. Again, that's a pretty small time comparativly.

1998 E0 SVT #2444, Black
N.E. Ohio

Love live the CEG!!
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Creature:
I wonder if God is turning the world into such a sinful society because of overcrowding in Heaven? Allowing all his children to go to Hell for the sake of the angels having more elbow room in the eternal afterlife. (It's apparently a given that I'm going to Hell since I'm not Catholic.) Mankind is lower than we have ever been. Most of the world's population makes Sodom and Gomorrah look like the Vatican. Why is God letting this happen? Time for another flood?

Oh, I just recalled -- I was washing my car this weekend and saw a rainbow in the mist. Despite being completely materialistic at the time, I remembered that God put that rainbow in my hose water to remind me that he would never flood the world again and wipe out all flesh. Phew, I'm safe -- for now anyway. And by his Divine plan, murderers will go on murdering, thieves will go on stealing, and priests will go on raping little children. Maybe FOX can sign God and Satan for the next episode of Celebrity Boxing! cool

Edit: Sorry that was so facetious. Just that the more I read from the pro-Creationist, pro-Biblical folks (not just on this site either) the more it seems like a big farce. But I can't shake the blind faith I was raised with, so for now I do still believe in God as I stated earlier.
ok first of all, just because your not catholic doesnt mean your not going to heaven. there are many demonimations of christianity. as long as you belive that jesus died, rose again, and have personal relationship him your going to heaven. and believe me i dont think heaven is going to run outta room. god is omniscient, so he already knows how many people are going to be entering His kingdom.

secondly, your right about god not having another flood, but He will reap his wrath once more in the second coming.

Jim Hahn
1996 T-Red Contour SE
2002 Black Mazda MP5
Latest mods: sho shop off road y-pipe
N
N
Quote:
Originally posted by whiteSE:
...One more thing...If evolution is true, which I don't believe it is, but if it is, why, after countless billions of years, is everything not perfected yet? It has had ample time...
Evolution doesn't bring nature closer to a perfect end! If any of you creationists knew anything about the theory of evolution, you'd know that evolution is simply a process. Nothing to do with an ending. The environment has never stayed static so evolution has never ceased. If there was a perfect ending, nothing would ever die, the world would become overpopulated, and every being would end up fighting for the finite resources of the earth, killing each other in the process.

GMAFB!
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by D-boneSVT:
Quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
[b] eek WOW eek I guess the Grand Canyon is just a few thou???? What bull****. I guess the "keep our head in the sand" religious nuts can believe anything they want. Wohoo!!! :rolleyes:
Ok this was a shot, I have to respond. Why is some one that believes in religion a "nut"? That's what you are saying isn't it? [/b]
I believe Elizabeth said "religious nuts", not all people who believe in religion are nuts. Stop looking for a fight.

Nobody can prove anything about where the world came from and when so why bother talking about it.

'98 Mystique LS V6 MTX

"Unprofessional driver, wide open course."
#9 - Hitting .400 for ever
"Wake up the damn Bambino; I'll drill him in the ass." -- Pedro Martinez
"The MTX75 was not designed to be a drag racing transmission" -- Terry Haines
M
M
creation is right and evolution is right. god created everything and it has evolved from there. now everyone is happy. your welcome. smile

D
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Originally posted by whiteSE:
If you guys paid attention, you would realize that God is supposed to be everywhere, and he is a part of everything,,,Even if evolution is true (which I think it is). I would say...awesome, God created life to be chaotic and everchanging, evolving towards some unkown goal...

The difference is that some evolutionsists can still believe that God created everything, but creationists are a lil bit static in their reasoning... Its a lot easier to believe due to faith, than because of science..[/QB]
You have a good point here. What is perfect? To me, God created everything perfect. Nothing has a need to "evolve", or change, into something else. Just look at the human body, how much more perfect can it be? I too believe that God is everywhere. Just looking at His creation you can see His hand at work. How could life happen without the work of God?

Now that brings about another question, it is obvious that things do change. So is the change a product of evolution or adaptation? If I understand the definiton of evolution correctly it is one species changing into another. But adaptation is one species changing to fit the environment. For a stupid example, if you have lived in the North all your life, your body is use to the cold winters and low humidity summers. However, if you move to say, Florida, your body has to change to withstand the extreme humidity during the summer. So, are you evoloving or just adapting?

I don't think my views are static. Shoot I learn new things all the time, believe it or not. I try to have an open mind to different points of view and yes I will give my opinion on them. But if I have to be tolerant of your view, it is only fair that you are tolerant of my view.

If an evolutionist can believe that God did create the universe, then why is there such opposition to teaching Creationism in our public schools along with Evolution?

G
G
well as a christian i will offer my 2 cents...
im no scientist and will offer no numbers ...as far as carbon dating i see where some of u have said that method is not as widely used as it once was...with that being said the 'shroud of turin' believed to be the burial cloth of christ was dated to be from around the time jesus walked the earth...to me that would prove that he existed which proves god, his plan and therefore 'creation' over 'evolution'....i follow creation but i think (maybe wrongly) that there is room for evolution...only to the point of knowing that certain species adapt over time to there environment...

people in the biblical days were given different tounges (languages) so that they would go out and spread across the earth and not just stay huddled up together in one region....as the population spread out people took on the adaptive characteristics to survive the region...some began less pigmented as the colder climates were inhabited and some became darker in the hotter regions...same thing happens more or less to most living creatures

as far as the earth's age and the scientific age of things the only way i can come around to comprehend this is at maybe our yrs aren't the same as god's or the bibles years....this is a terrible analogy but think of a fly...its life span is 3 days...some animals only live a few yrs...humans now live to roughly 60-80's...with the 'size' of god his yrs are measured in milliniums....there maybe be room for something identified as evolution to have come about during the course of the earth's life from a biblical standpoint

some people ask 'if god exists or if he loves us why does he allow bad things to happen to us'....in my opinion god is our parent...afterall he is referred to as 'our father in heaven'...what happens to us as children when we disobey our parents or we do something that our parents were wise enough to tell us not to do because they knew it would be harmful to us or not in our best interest??? we usually would be punished in some way for it....it is my opinion that god does not do a specific bad thing to us but we are allowed to have that bad thing happen because we somehow have sidestepped his rules for us living

also i feel gods creation is perfect...we were equipped with most of what we need and as humans we were given the ability to learn and adapt and develop the world and things no base animal could ever achieve....if science were perfect i wouldn't get blue screens and have my dsl go belly up in 2 months laugh

further off topic....one way satan 'attacks' u is by putting doubt in your mind that god exists....if u dont believe u wont go to heaven...people like to make jokes about partying in hell....i dont think there would be much partying goin on when you;re on fire....how bad does it hurt to burn yourself with a lighter on maybe just your fingertip??? multiply that by eternity and add your entire being.....theres a quote ' the smoke of your sins will rise to heaven for ever and ever'...that sums it up pretty well

whether u believe or not there is a series of books called 'left behind'...its about the rapture of gods church and those who were left on earth to figure out what happened....great reading and put alot of the bible into modern day terms that are easily digestible and shows how maybe some of the things in the good book can and will come to pass....really hits home reading the series of books and thinking about the horror 911...and reading these books gave me the courage to read the bible even the scary parts like revelation and the parts that make me feel like a finger is being pointed directly at me and my actions

whew.....im done and i think the lord for letting get that out as well as i did

some may scoff laugh or otherwise post negatives aobut this post but im goin to heaven whether u like it or not :p ...dont think the contour will make it though smile

95 contour se...dark blue...monsterflow air filter...remanuf atx...wiring harness recall or bust!!!96k miles...motorcraft awsf32pp plugs & red ford racing 9mm wires...kvr black plated cross-drilled rotors & carbon fiber pads...currently undergoing renovation...excuse our dust!!!
are my dodgers for real????
B
B
cpurser you have done an excellent job so far!!!
I do not know if you have been to this link but if not it will become very useful to you!

www.answersingenesis.org

Currently: 2002 ztw focus wagon, black, manual. Yippee it sucks!!

blitzkrieg53@hotmail.com
W
W
Said previously:

.....If an evolutionist can believe that God did create the universe, then why is there such opposition to teaching Creationism in our public schools along with Evolution?......

Well, because science is a science in every country of the world...there is an agreement on the scientific methodology...Religious beliefs are personal and vary from person to person....If you told me that every religion would have equal time to show and tell, that would be more fair...
religion is being taught by parents and churches, or synagogues, mosques, etc. There is the principle of separation of church and state, and teaching religion in schools may violate that, and I dont really think its necessary...

He's chaaarging!!!...(add scottish accent)...
Page 7 of 34 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard