How Complete Is the Record?

However, is the fossil record complete enough for a fair test of whether it is creation or evolution that finds support? Over a century ago, Darwin did not think so. What was “wrong” with the fossil record in his time? It did not contain the transitional links required to support his theory. This situation caused him to say: “Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely-graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against the theory.”

The fossil record in Darwin's day proved disappointing to him in another way. He explained: “The abrupt manner in which whole groups of species suddenly appear in certain formations has been urged by several paleontologists . . . as a fatal objection to the belief in the transmutation of species.” He added: “There is another and allied difficulty, which is much more serious. I allude to the manner in which species belonging to several of the main divisions of the animal kingdom suddenly appear in the lowest known fossiliferous rocks. . . . The case at present must remain inexplicable; and may be truly urged as a valid argument against the [evolutionary] views here entertained.”

Darwin attempted to explain these huge problems by attacking the fossil record. He said: “I look at the geological record as a history of the world imperfectly kept, . . . imperfect to an extreme degree.” It was assumed by him and others that as time passed the missing fossil links surely would be found.
Now, after well over a century of extensive digging, vast numbers of fossils have been unearthed. Is the record still so “imperfect”?

This is my contribution for now.

I am for creationism.

1999 Silver Frost SVT
#2412 of 2760
DOB - 7/30/99

MODS:

BAT Inlet Pipe /w Monster Flow Filter, Rear Strut Brace, H&R Sport Springs, Koni Sport Struts, Panasonic CPQ-DF800u, Baer Brake Kit, Brembo Slotted/Crossdrilled rotors for rear brakes, rear KVR Pads, ASA JS6 17" w/ S-02 Pole Position, B&M Shifter, 22mm Rear Sway bar, Bassani Exhaust. SoundStream Rubicon 604 Amp, 2 SoundStream Class A 5.2 Amps, 2 SoundStream SPL 12" Subs, SoundStream SVX2 Crossover, Rockford Fosgate Capacitor.