Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#301293 08/01/02 06:15 AM
L
L
Quote:
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fastzetec2.0:
[b]Have fun, but it seams high priced to me for only 15 hp, my drop in K&N filter added 8+ hp
drop in K&N doesn't even add 2hp SORRY.[/b]
My thoughts exactly but if you'd like to think it adds 8 hp be my guest. It has been dyno proven time and time again.

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
#301294 08/01/02 06:32 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Quote:
the y pipe thing is simple Physics think about if you have two points of air pressure pushing into one hole 100% of the air from each intake gets in, if you have one e-ram pushing on the other the you only get 3/4 of the potential pressure.

Hope this halps you understand, an if you still are not confident in me then ask more people.

I still think that if you save your money a little longer and buy a turbo from performancefords.com or even a vortec super charger you will get more bang for your buck, but buy what makes you happy not what makes me happy.
Hmmm, they put them in-line, but you must be right. I thought u said it was 1/2 potential, now it's 3/4, i'll wait till it's 8/8. I can't run a turbo and super charger at same time, so when I do get a turbo i can still use e-ram,, but let's see e-ram costs thousands less than supercharger and turbo, so maybe that's why i want it.

"Wow, that sank fast." "Yeah, like a rock."
96 Contour GL ATX
9mm Ford Racing Wires; 2 Resonators down, 1 to go;"Special airbox"; many mods planned
Sony CD player: 50wattsx4;remote;
Speakers=50 watt Pioneer 6x8s
Ross Evans smile
#301295 08/01/02 12:46 PM
T
T
Quote:
the y pipe thing is simple Physics think about if you have two points of air pressure pushing into one hole 100% of the air from each intake gets in, if you have one e-ram pushing on the other the you only get 3/4 of the potential pressure.

Hope this halps you understand, an if you still are not confident in me then ask more people.

I still think that if you save your money a little longer and buy a turbo from performancefords.com or even a vortec super charger you will get more bang for your buck, but buy what makes you happy not what makes me happy.
you are contradicting yourself...yes it is simlple physics, but it doesnt work like that. the simple physics part about it is the turbulence it would cause....it would totally screw up your airflow, possibly causing you to power. since you are somewhat "forcing" air into the system by using a y, you dont have near as much power as a s/c or turbo so you would probably do more harm than good.

-chris-
96 gl: 18" adr reactions, SVT rear bumper & side-skirts, Magnaflow exhaust, CTA Intake, ACCEL coil, 9mm wires, Kenwood, Blaupunkt, Sony Xplod Mobile ES, OBX pedals w/dead pedal, neons, bnmotorsports gauges, autometer monster tach, and ZAINO!
#301296 08/01/02 02:25 PM
B
B
The single Eram unit gained me 9 HP peak and a ton down low back when my SE was pretty much stock other than a KKM and home made stainless steel CAI. Dyno proven in front of countless CEG'ers. Outran a few SVT's the same day at the K.C. CEG Nats in '99 too. :p

The difference in using a Y vs inline for the super eram is total CFM of the engine. Larger, high revving engines may prefer the Y pipe set up, but most engines post better gains with the inline config. I would have more of them if I didn't have other things planned at the moment. wink

Brad Noon
'99 SE MTX
3 point oh my God H.O. 179HP/178TQ
BNMotorsports Floormats, powder coating, TB optimizing, Gutted cats, etc
BNMotorsports is now the preferred distributor of Contour/SVT/Mystique Indiglo style gauges!!!
bnmotorsports@msn.com
#301297 08/01/02 06:05 PM
F
F
I said you would only get 1/2 of the second e-ram,
When you are running 2 of them then you would lose 1/4 of the total out put. Do you understand now? They are the same number stated differently.

Advanced told me about K&N.

I am used to working on bigger engines (i.e. My old 3.8l V6 and 5.0 V8) if the zetec is a lot different in the way it works please set me strait, but forcing as much air as possible into the throttle body has always been the way to go with larger moters.

Thanks

#301298 08/02/02 05:48 AM
R
OP Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by tricked96:
Quote:
[b]the y pipe thing is simple Physics think about if you have two points of air pressure pushing into one hole 100% of the air from each intake gets in, if you have one e-ram pushing on the other the you only get 3/4 of the potential pressure.

you are contradicting yourself...yes it is simlple physics, but it doesnt work like that. the simple physics part about it is the turbulence it would cause....it would totally screw up your airflow, possibly causing you to power. since you are somewhat "forcing" air into the system by using a y, you dont have near as much power as a s/c or turbo so you would probably do more harm than good.[/b]
I was thinking about the turbulence too,,,I guess that's why I'm sorta leaning toward be an engineer, my mind works good. The point of e-ram is to MOVE more air,,y-pipe would put the system in more air but same amount has to be sucked in, the turbulence would pretty much cancel the effect of the higher cfm. When I get this dual e-ram system going,i'll let ya'll know about it

96 Contour GL ATX
9mm Ford Racing Wires; 2 Resonators down, 1 to go;"Special airbox"; many mods planned
Ross Evans smile
#301299 08/02/02 05:23 PM
K
K
Before you all spend $300 on an e-ram, look into the 240 cfm bilge blowers on E-Bay, they are the same thing in essence, for $20-$30. The E-Bay guys are calling them electric superchargers too, but they are nothing but bilge blowers from the marine industry.

Ken,

99 SE Silver Frost 2.0 Zetec, wheels, Bassani muffler, 200 watt CD player, window tint, factory (added) spoiler.

98 E-350 V-10 XLT ClubWagon.

#301300 08/02/02 06:13 PM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Redcon96I4:
So, anybody know if I could effectively use 2 e-rams (super e-ram) in DDavis's intake?
I don't think you could, and I'll tell you why.

The design of the CAI is such that it allows the engine to pull in the air instead of having it pushed in by sheer velocity. I can't really detail it for you because (a) I don't entirely understand the mathematics behind it and (b) it's Keith's idea, not mine. Those specifics will likely be included in the patent.

So, if the engine is pulling in air at a higher rate than it can be pushed in due to the velocity that would be needed to get the air to enter at that speed, all you'd be doing with this e-ram is slowing everything down.

I can tell you no electric fan I've seen (that would fit) is going to be able to push the air in at equal or greater speeds than the engine itself can pull it in. Of course, I'm not including turbine fans in this generalization.

If you'd like, I can ask Keith if he'd be willing to divulge some of the operational details behind the CAI, but I won't guarantee he'll spill the beans.

125.2 FWHP - 126.5 FWTQ
SVT exhaust (#4 of 9) - B&M FPR - Custom CAI - bnoon optimized TB #1 & 2 (beat that!!)
Black '98.5 SE Zetec MTX
Best quote seen in a chat - "Jinx 12345678910 you owe me a naked picture of yourself!"
#301301 08/02/02 07:58 PM
R
OP Offline
R
Quote:
Originally posted by D Davis:
Quote:
Originally posted by Redcon96I4:
[b]So, anybody know if I could effectively use 2 e-rams (super e-ram) in DDavis's intake?
I don't think you could, and I'll tell you why.

The design of the CAI is such that it allows the engine to pull in the air instead of having it pushed in by sheer velocity. I can't really detail it for you because (a) I don't entirely understand the mathematics behind it and (b) it's Keith's idea, not mine. Those specifics will likely be included in the patent.

So, if the engine is pulling in air at a higher rate than it can be pushed in due to the velocity that would be needed to get the air to enter at that speed, all you'd be doing with this e-ram is slowing everything down.

I can tell you no electric fan I've seen (that would fit) is going to be able to push the air in at equal or greater speeds than the engine itself can pull it in. Of course, I'm not including turbine fans in this generalization.

If you'd like, I can ask Keith if he'd be willing to divulge some of the operational details behind the CAI, but I won't guarantee he'll spill the beans.[/b]
So u'r saying I would be pulling too much air? Could you check with Keith? Thanks.

96 Contour GL ATX
Ross Evans smile
#301302 08/02/02 08:50 PM
D
D
With the CAI, I think you'd be pulling more air w/out the e-ram than with. It looks to me like that thing is quite a spacehog inside that pipe. Also, if the air velocity in the CAI is xx and the maximum air velocity the e-ram can generate (yy) is less than xx, all you're doing is lowering air velocity and lowering total air volume.

At low RPM, this probably wouldn't affect performance, but once you start stepping beyond 4k or so, I think you'd be pulling less air, thereby lowering fuel consumption, thereby lowering overall power output.

I'll mention it to Keith and see if he's willing to express his opinion on the subject.

125.2 FWHP - 126.5 FWTQ
SVT exhaust (#4 of 9) - B&M FPR - Custom CAI - bnoon optimized TB #1 & 2 (beat that!!)
Black '98.5 SE Zetec MTX
Best quote seen in a chat - "Jinx 12345678910 you owe me a naked picture of yourself!"
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard